Progress Thread '93 Kenne Bell Notch

• Sponsors (?)

No, that is not normal. I do have to ask though why are you removing the ac components? It is not expensive to recharge a system. I replaced all of my lines, new evaporator and new condenser for around $250. That is literally everything new in the system except for the compressor. That's not a lot of money. I LOVE my AC. I would NEVER own a car without it. Again, to each his own but removing AC serves little to no purpose. Even if it doesn't currently work it hurts nothing being hooked up. The compressor literally free wheels. Up to you, but no it should not spark.

To me even a couple hundred bucks isnt worth fixing it. I'd rather have the windows down feeling the breeze. And the engine bay being cleaned up is a plus. What I mean by it sparked is the car was off and I took a metal wrench to the compressor hose from the accumulator. What does that mean if it sparked and wasnt supposed to? Bad ground?

Edit: disregard, figured out the other side of my wrench touched the positive side of battery.. my bad.

Last edited:
I removed all my AC components as well. They didn’t work, and I like an old school, as little as possible, engine bay. I’ll be sweating with you, windows down!!!:rock: ...... at least until I’m old enough where I can’t stand the heat, and a new system will go in!

Reactions: 1 user
Screenshot_20190602-154844_Facebook.jpg

Good deal or no?? I may get it. What kind of power would this give a pretty stock 302?

Would it be cool and different yeah but installing that will probably not be a simple bolt on.
@a91what on this site would be a good person to reach out to, he had a similar set-up.
If you want to go s/c I would recommend getting a bolt on centrifugal kit like Vortech etc.

Would it be cool and different yeah but installing that will probably not be a simple bolt on.
@a91what on this site would be a good person to reach out to, he had a similar set-up.
If you want to go s/c I would recommend getting a bolt on centrifugal kit like Vortech etc.

Thanks, I'll definitely reach out to him. The seller is saying it's just bolt on and go, which maybe hes just saying that to sell the thing quicker.

Screenshot_20190602-154844_Facebook.jpg

Good deal or no?? I may get it. What kind of power would this give a pretty stock 302?

Yeah, after reading the listing it looks like he's made it work on a sbf. It's not gonna be easy and you'll have to probably do something to the intake charge to cool it, ( like water meth inj). Talk to steve he'll tell ya all about it.

Last edited:
Just catching up on your thread. It looks like you've made some good progress on your car over the last month! The super charger looks cool. I have to say though based on the comments you've made about spending money on the car I'd think long and hard before buying that thing. It's a good deal at 1K but you have to consider all the other things involved in getting it going. I'm sure give enough time you can figure out how to install it, but then you have to tune it and make it run right. If you dont upgrade to rest of the motor, like the bottom end, you'll most likely have problems in the long run. I am not speaking from experience just going off of everything I've read on here. I'd say 1k for the blower and another 2 or 3k just to get it all going. I could be way off, but thought it was worth me bringing it up. Does it come with a GT 40 intake or just the adapter or does you car already have a GT 40 on it?

Just catching up on your thread. It looks like you've made some good progress on your car over the last month! The super charger looks cool. I have to say though based on the comments you've made about spending money on the car I'd think long and hard before buying that thing. It's a good deal at 1K but you have to consider all the other things involved in getting it going. I'm sure give enough time you can figure out how to install it, but then you have to tune it and make it run right. If you dont upgrade to rest of the motor, like the bottom end, you'll most likely have problems in the long run. I am not speaking from experience just going off of everything I've read on here. I'd say 1k for the blower and another 2 or 3k just to get it all going. I could be way off, but thought it was worth me bringing it up. Does it come with a GT 40 intake or just the adapter or does you car already have a GT 40 on it?

No I dont have a gt 40 on it, I'm basically stock so I knew I would have to spend to support the supercharger but with everything you're saying with the tune and everything to get it going, I think I'm passing on it. It seems more involved than the seller was telling me. I'm going to tear down the motor this winter and rebuild possibly to support a supercharger later on.

20190603_104454.jpg

AC delete almost done. My system had absolutely no pressure so I'm guessing there was a leak somewhere. My PS relocation comes in today so I'm going to get to that later. Was considering going to a manual rack but for now I think I'll keep it.

20190605_140829.jpg

What do you guys think about these wheels. Comes with front tires but no rear tires. No centercaps and no lugs. I've always like the way these have looked though plus they're 4 lug so it works out even better for me.

They are nice wheels I've had them years ago.. Centerline ConvoPros the only issue I see for you is the rear wheels look drilled for slicks. That doesn't mean they won't hold with radials but if it were me and a street car with radials I'd prefer my wheels not to be drilled.

They are nice wheels I've had them years ago.. Centerline ConvoPros the only issue I see for you is the rear wheels look drilled for slicks. That doesn't mean they won't hold with radials but if it were me and a street car with radials I'd prefer my wheels not to be drilled.

The fact that they're drilled does that mean theres more of a chance the radial comes off? Also does it matter there are no centercaps?

The fact that they're drilled does that mean theres more of a chance the radial comes off? Also does it matter there are no centercaps?
No, there's just a chance the wheel won't hold air when you go to mount your tires up to them. But since they are holding fine with whats on them already they should be fine but was worth mentioning. Also if your fine with it you could always use it as a concern when discussing purchase price :)

Center caps wouldn't effect anything except maybe price