Progress Thread '93 Kenne Bell Notch

No, there's just a chance the wheel won't hold air when you go to mount your tires up to them. But since they are holding fine with whats on them already they should be fine but was worth mentioning. Also if your fine with it you could always use it as a concern when discussing purchase price :)

Center caps wouldn't effect anything except maybe price

Thanks for the info! I think I'm going to end up buying them then. Maybe I can figure out some way to cover where the centercaps should be. I'll definitely bring up the drill holes and try to get him to lower his asking price.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I guess it depends. You could give me a set of convo pros, and I wouldn't run them.
Even if the car was on blocks.

To me, a 15" wheel dates the car. And riveted Center line wheels just scream 1990. They were never that popular when they were new. Unless you like them, throwing 250 at them means that you have that much more invested in a set of wheels you like when it comes time to replace those turds.

I guess it depends. You could give me a set of convo pros, and I wouldn't run them.
Even if the car was on blocks.

To me, a 15" wheel dates the car. And riveted Center line wheels just scream 1990. They were never that popular when they were new. Unless you like them, throwing 250 at them means that you have that much more invested in a set of wheels you like when it comes time to replace those turds.

Yeah I hear ya, i go back and forth on the look i ultimately want. Some days i like the look of big radials in the back and some days i think it would look better with some regular street tires and wheels. My plan was to get this guy to sell them for cheaper and maybe I can clean them up and change the color of them to black.

I wouldnt feel bad buying them for $150 and having them as an extra set I can rotate on and off.

I'm having trouble imagining them black. I dont think they would look very good black. A cheap extra set of wheels could be nice. I dont race, so I've never had a need for an extra set just taking up space. I'd save and get something you really want in the end.

I'm having trouble imagining them black. I dont think they would look very good black. A cheap extra set of wheels could be nice. I dont race, so I've never had a need for an extra set just taking up space. I'd save and get something you really want in the end.

You know I think you guys have convinced me. The money I spend on these wheels + paint + tires for them can go towards a full package deal of wheels I 100% like. I mainly wanted them because they are 4 lug and I wanted radials in the rear.

20190606_200853.jpg

This is probably an obvious one to you guys but was curious what this golden bell looking part above the oil filter is for?

Also is this power steering bracket stock? I'm just about to put on the PS relocation kit since I deleted my AC.
20190606_200953.jpg

20190607_203042.jpg

Never would have imagined all the things I had to correct with this car but I guess 25 years of multiple people messing with things explains it. This power steering relocation has taken a few setbacks. Just noticed there's a stripped bolt in one of the thread holes for the bracket. I'm going to try and get it out but I might be able to get by with just tightening the other 2.

20190614_191630.jpg

Finishing up my PS pump install. My question is where do I connect the ground from the battery, where this yellow arrow I drew is? If not what is that thread there for and if so, does anyone know what size bolt I need to connect it?

20190615_072707.jpg

Guys I'm stuck again. I'm trying to hook everything back up. The new pump has this nut in it already, do I remove it and thread in the old pressure hose fitting? I took off the blue cap and it doesnt screw in that way. Also do I need to put an o ring on the end of the fitting that goes into the pump?

I believe the fitting on the end of the hose is the same one that is in the pump, you will have to take that fitting off the hose then you can install the hose to the pump. The hose fitting looks like it has been rounded off, that may be why the hose fitting and the pump fitting are still together, I would get a new high pressure hose.

The line you have in your hand is actually 2 pieces where it threads in, and it still together. So, you either have to take it apart OR remove the black nut from your pump and thread in what you are holding.

Reactions: 1 users