Flowmasters out...Super Turbos and Tailpipes are in. It’s super quiet .

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, the Mrs said, "what's this mellow crap! Cut them off" So I did and put chambered muffler eliminators in their place. Basically a chambered straight pipe. The car is still not too loud because it still runs through cats and a center resonator. Growls pretty good when you get on it. But it was totally tame with the Dynomax. Those mufflers are sittin in my shed

Reactions: 1 user
Mufflers should be here by Friday. Next step is addressing that mid pipe. I’ve found a catted H for sale locally for cheap, but I’ve really wanted to see what long tubes can do for the car. Problem with that is I can never find any used.

I still like my FLowmaster 40's, but I run a stock catted H-pipe.

We'll see how much I like them when I do my H/C/I and swap to the bassani catted X-pipe. Need to keep the piping, but I might be looking for a quieter muffler to swap in at that point that allows a bit more flow

Back in the late 90’s when I bought my ‘87gt, the exhaust was one of the first performance mods I did. After the subframe connectors. The owner of the speed shop I went to sold me on MAC. Got a ProChamber H-pipe and then MAC all the way back. I didn’t know any better at the time, it was my first fox body. He said the MAC didn’t have that dreaded ‘drone’ like the Flowmasters, and in their Dyno experience, actually made a few more horses. I took his advice. I love it. It’s the same exact set up I am still running all these years later. Classic Fox Body sound I fell in love with in high school back in the late 80’s. Great sound, good power, no drone, and looks as good as it did when installed. Of course the car was never my daily so it’s never seen rain, snow etc.

Super Turbos are in. They sound awesome. Significantly quieter but still with a nice deep tone and the cam lope still comes through. They are much heavier than the flowmasters and do not have hangers welded onto them so currently the mufflers are scraping the ground. After work today I will be throwing on the tailpipes I cut off the flows. Hopefully with those attached to the hangers in the rear it will help with the sagging. Any one have input on exhaust hanger solutions. If I had a welder we wouldn't be discussing this.

Where is the sound clip or it never happened!!! Idle, rev’s, launch, and drive by... not the legitimate drive by but maybe it’s fly by not drive by idk either way let’s hear it!!

Where is the sound clip or it never happened!!! Idle, rev’s, launch, and drive by... not the legitimate drive by but maybe it’s fly by not drive by idk either way let’s hear it!!

Oh it will happen after I get the tail pipes sorted. Nicest day of the new year so far and of course I'm stuck at work till 4.

• Angry
Super Turbos are in. They sound awesome. Significantly quieter but still with a nice deep tone and the cam lope still comes through. They are much heavier than the flowmasters and do not have hangers welded onto them so currently the mufflers are scraping the ground. After work today I will be throwing on the tailpipes I cut off the flows. Hopefully with those attached to the hangers in the rear it will help with the sagging. Any one have input on exhaust hanger solutions. If I had a welder we wouldn't be discussing this.

Best bet is to have an exhaust shop weld on hangers and get them tucked properly. Do it once the right way. I’m the king of rigging exhaust, and it never lasts.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Old

701FA0AF-4BAC-40C0-A780-3242343FE405.jpeg

New

96295E3A-C33D-4161-9278-44C763A6F403.jpeg

Didn’t get to anything else today unfortunately.