for those of ya'll with 65-66's that arent scared of driving your car in the rain

• Sponsors (?)

As long as you have wiper blades in good condition it is not really a problem. I actually enjoy driving in the rain (we get it so infrequently here in so cal) it seems to add about 200hp to my car......(at least it feels like it when I blip the throttle and get sideways at will.............)

Chris Barton

I changed all of my wiring in my 65 to '66 wiring and was able to get a 2-speed switch from a 66. I didn't do it for the wipers though, I wanted the '66 instrument panel. 2-speed wipers were just a bonus!

brtnstrns said:
Do ya'll have any problems with the windshield wipers only having one speed? Or is it no big deal to you?

I've got 2 speeds...slow and slightly less slow....seems to work ok for me.....in the real torrential downpours though I usually end up in the right lane....driving 80 with the slow wipers then sucks
:banana:

Cbarton said:
As long as you have wiper blades in good condition it is not really a problem. I actually enjoy driving in the rain (we get it so infrequently here in so cal) it seems to add about 200hp to my car......(at least it feels like it when I blip the throttle and get sideways at will.............)

Chris Barton

hey bartons my name!

Hell I can't hook in the dry much less the rain. Not too mention before this week the water would splash up through the swiss cheese floor boards. By Friday that won't be a problem anymore, all new floor pans and firewall extensions.........

No big deal.
Of course, I have 2-speed wipers. :rolleyes: I RARELY use them though, as Rain-X does a pretty good job!

13867061-71be-0190009B-.jpg

Can be best described like wax on paint when u spray water on it it just slides right off, but anyways its a product that can be bought just about any auto store yellow spray bottle, spray it on and wipe off after it hazes and dont use wipers on and the water sheets off

Rain - X site

I have used RainX before. It works pretty good if you never have to use your wipers, but up here in the snow belt, eventually you have to. It makes wipers chatter a bit, so I don't use it anymore. On the summer cars, I just don't drive em in the rain much. The only thing that bothers me about the wipers on my 69 is when it is drizzling. The switch is not very easy to reach, and there is no delay feature. That can get annoying.

I'm ok in the rain and snow with one-speed wipers. Just make sure you have good blades. I've used rain-x before, it's pretty good.
I'm sure you can find a 2 speed wiper motor pretty easily if you look for it.

Max Power said:
. . . but up here in the snow belt, eventually you have to.

What I liked about Rain-X, from my time just south of Chicago, was how easier it made it scrape the ice off of the windshields.

When I TRULY embraced Rain-X was when I rode my Kawasaki KZ 750--rain, bugs, oil and stuff slid right off of that face shield.

This is funny to read as my Mustang has had to pull only car duty in the pouring rain the past week. AC is out on the Toyota and it is at the shop. Glow Plugs are out on the Jetta Diesel and it is at the shop, too. Funny how "the old car" pulls your butt out of the fire again and again.

Still, I'm not happy about getting my 'stang soaked, but, then again, I'm not happy about a new AC compressor or, hopefully not, a new set of glowplugs.

Ah, well, what would we do if we didn't have something to complain about? :rolleyes:

--Paul