Found a picture of my first car *JT friendly*

My 1972 Plymouth Duster with a 340 c.id motor bolted to the 727 Torque Flight transmission, I would sell my mustang to have it back :( my first love
PictureorVideo014.jpg

Attachments

• PictureorVideo014.jpg
    PictureorVideo014.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Sponsors (?)

With a title like that, I had to come in. :D

Now now, I know whatcha' mean. We always have a real soft spot for our first rides (I still have my first covered wagon). Add to the mix that it was something old and of the genre that's quite in vogue these days, and we miss 'em (I do anyhow).

Great lookin ride you had Danny!

I`m glad the stang was my first car. Plan to hand it down to my first son (if and when I have one :))

I just love it when you young folks have to rub your youth into the older folks' faces. :D J/K. That's jealousy talkin' right there. :p

:OT: thank you again for all the puter assistance. :nice:

With a title like that, I had to come in. :D

Now now, I know whatcha' mean. We always have a real soft spot for our first rides (I still have my first covered wagon). Add to the mix that it was something old and of the genre that's quite in vogue these days, and we miss 'em (I do anyhow).

Great lookin ride you had Danny!
LOL thought you might like that :D I miss my Mopar show and go 340's love to rev. There is nothing like driving around in an old muscle car can't stop worth a crap no a/c or power steering (most at least) but could snap your neck with the brute torque they made.

uggh i wish i lived back in your days....big block power...cruiseing...carburators you had it all, sweet looking cars to boot!!!!!damn you guys had it made!!!! IM SO JELIOUS!! we got the crap end:nonono: :nonono: i love muscle cars all the pics of my dads and uncles old muscle cars...Lucky guys

Absolutly the easiest motor I have worked on to date everything was straight forward. I just wish I made more time to up grade things, all it got from me was a complete rebuild then shorty sold it as the body was rough. BTW I'm only 27 the Duster was my high school sweet heart in 95 sold it in 99 :(. So I'm not THAT old I'm just a old school type of guy :nice:

uggh i wish i lived back in your days....big block power...cruiseing...carburators you had it all, sweet looking cars to boot!!!!!damn you guys had it made!!!! IM SO JELIOUS!! we got the crap end:nonono: :nonono: i love muscle cars all the pics of my dads and uncles old muscle cars...Lucky guys

I like the fact that we have more stuff on the cars now than back then. Most of us can look @ a classic car and figure out most things in a snap...now there is more complicated computer stuff and emissions and while anoying, it's like a puzzle to figure out. I enjoy the challenge otherwise I would just get a classic Mopar.

I learned the auto trade on Hondas and will never forget the lessons learned. I am glad and proud to have learned on imports and it has increased my knowledge and ability to learn on domestics and everything (bikes, 'nomobiles, ATVs) that much more. :lol: All in good fun though, I would like nothing better than $0.25 gallon gas and a 430hp daily driver with sky high insurance rates that REELS in the chicks (sorry wife). :nono:

wytstang your the man...shorty after i got my 93...i was 17 my dad picked up a 69 chevelle ss big block...we have had fun restoring and playing with that little demon...i would love nothing more to get a classic...but ever since barret jackson everyone thinks there stuff is a goldmine....the market is just to crazy, ben you love the challenge of the puters and electronics lol i would be more then happy to let you play with my stuff....i feel so stupid at times when i try to do stuff on my ride....i love my dads car you open the hood and its a straight foward. carb's:drool: :drool: at least i can open the hood and work on stuff lol..i feel so dumb sometimes lol

Danny, I know whatcha mean about the space and simplicity. I never could get carbed stuff to run really well in all conditions (without winter jetting, summer jetting, etc) but it sure was simple. You really could do roadside repairs.

And then the fun little boost of the secondaries coming on, etc are all missed with EFI's linearity.

Danny, I know whatcha mean about the space and simplicity. I never could get carbed stuff to run really well in all conditions (without winter jetting, summer jetting, etc) but it sure was simple. You really could do roadside repairs.

And then the fun little boost of the secondaries coming on, etc are all missed with EFI's linearity.
Really didn't have to deal with jetting to much as winters in Fl were well around the same temp as the rest of the year.