Fox Body 5.0 Mustang Valuation: Owners weigh-in on the buy/sell price today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

New member posts a "what's it worth" thread on post #1. I'm not a fan of this kind of thread, but I guess we don't have the problems we used to have with members trying to sell cars in the general car forums a couple times/day.

Nice looking car. The only use for such a car to me is as a driver, but without A/C, I wouldn't want to drive it in warm climates. The mods hurt its value on the market, but not to me. I think headers and intake are very tasteful and are among the best bang for the buck. The stated hp numbers are too high, though. Still, you can get a pretty spectacular car for $8k with more mods, lower miles, and A/C. Hard to come by a car this clean for $5k, though. So, I'd guess 6-6.5k.

Reactions: 1 user
This:
jord
New Member · 67 · From Seattle WA
JoinedMar 15, 2019Messages1Reactions0Points1
Last seen Tuesday at 6:30 PM
FollowIgnore

Start conversation

Is the reason I likely will not approve anymore threads like this from new members. Not because of the traffic or opinions, because he is a 'hit and run' member. It has happened several times, one post and gone,

As far as the original question goes.. this car will sell pretty easy. It’s not however a high dollar car. The repaint makes it nice but doesn’t help with value at all. It’s been modded a bunch, with little benefit. Hp is probably 220 or so.

That said!! Put the ac back, stock intake , stock catback and be able to actually advertise it as stock will bring more.

As it sits, 4-6k... taken back to actually stock, 5-8k.

Toss it on eBay and see what happens. You loose a good chunk to eBay though

Just to be clear
79-86 four eyed fox
87-93 euro nose fox
They can be broken down further
V8 model lx or gt + convertables (plus the early gl and they also had a I6 too)
first year 50 state maf
sticks and automatics
and then the specialty models (ssp/cobra)
And the hits keep on come'n!
i would discount a car by 1500 to 2000 bucks for the ac removed.
it is still a nice stang, you just buy it or are you looking to sell?

What he said^

But two things that stand out to me when reading this... A/C removal turns me off. Second, was the car painted the original factory color, or a different factory blue than it came as? If different, although it looks great, can hurt the value to someone looking for a nice stock one.

It’s very subjective, but I would say if your car runs and drives nicely, and is rust free, you would be looking at $8-10k here in IA where clean ones are scarce.

Lastly, there were many more than 4 years of fox body Mustangs made. ;)

Well being from LA...that must be why your not happy with the AC being gone. I hate AC. But really? $8-10K in LA? I checked Hagerty and I think they said $7K for excellent condition. This is a West Coast car though. Actually I'm moving to Oceanside in a couple of months but can't take the car because of emission testing down there.

I don't think the mods add to the value on this car. They are fine and improve the fun factor of the car but are not extensive enough to add value. I even think the car might be worth more if it were bone stock and in the same good condition. The most valuable ones are unmodified pristine condition low mileage cars, or ones with well done extensive modifications. This car is neither of those, but still nice. And the 89 is a sought after year. Last year as a non airbag, first year for the MAF. Bonus for the LX and bonus for the 5speed. I'll stab at 6 to 8k in value on this one.

Interesting to know the "89 is a sought after year...hopefully the mods are minimal enough to affect the car value (they can always be undone if you wanted to). And at first I did not like the giant head rests...then I thought about winding up a quad from a rear end...and now they make more sense.

Well being from LA...that must be why your not happy with the AC being gone. I hate AC. But really? $8-10K in LA? I checked Hagerty and I think they said $7K for excellent condition. This is a West Coast car though. Actually I'm moving to Oceanside in a couple of months but can't take the car because of emission testing down there.

I am from Iowa... IA. A clean old car holds more value here because we suffer from rust issues from road salt.

And in the end, it really is all about what someone is willing to pay for it.

You hate AC??

Status
Not open for further replies.