Fox Body 5.0 Mustang Valuation: Owners weigh-in on the buy/sell price today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

This why I hate these 'whats it worth' threads.
One mans trash is another mans treasure
What sells for big money in one area may be hard to sell in another, you get opinions here from all over the US, add in the ac verses no ac, modification preferences,
And then you get someone that takes offence with whatever is said.
if you want to guess-ta-mate what a car is worth google the same model in your area, factor in the good and the bad then spin your wheels and take your chances.

Reactions: 1 user
What sells for big money in one area may be hard to sell in another, you get opinions here from all over the US, add in the ac verses no ac, modification preferences,
if you want to guess-ta-mate what a car is worth google the same model in your area, factor in the good and the bad then spin your wheels and take your chances.
well look...for opinion's sake...you at least get to see what your mates think about it all...

I wouldn't go back to stock. Stock fox mustangs aren't exactly top performing machines by today's standards. A brand new Camry can probably hand a stock fox it's ass on a plate.

As for value...who cares. Cars are poor investments anyway. Factor in insurance and maintainance and storage costs and inflation and most people would lose money on a fox regardless of what they sell for these days. A $12k mustang in 1988 new, would sell for $27k today with infkation. So an excellent condition one selling for 11k is still more than 50% depreciation not including operating costs. Better off putting that money in a CD and just sit on it if you are looking to make money on a fox.

Just enjoy these cars. You can't take them with you when you leave this world, so what's the point of just looking at them?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users
It's offense....
"Offence " is what you tell the neighborhood kids to get when cutting through your yard.

• Happy
Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn't go back to stock. Stock fox mustangs aren't exactly top performing machines by today's standards. A brand new Camry can probably hand a stock fox it's ass on a plate.

As for value...who cares. Cars are poor investments anyway. Factor in insurance and maintainance and storage costs and inflation and most people would lose money on a fox regardless of what they sell for these days. A $12k mustang in 1988 new, would sell for $27k today with infkation. So an excellent condition one selling for 11k is still more than 50% depreciation not including operating costs. Better off putting that money in a CD and just sit on it if you are looking to make money on a fox.

Just enjoy these cars. You can't take them with you when you leave this world, so what's the point of just looking at them?
Hmm...."Ass on a plate"...that sounds so familiar.:rolleyes:

...dude. name calling? really?

Really. Myself included. Here’s a pretty good reason why.

Really. Myself included. Here’s a pretty good reason why.
And to add to that, the word " idiot" wasn't directed to anyone in this thread.
Well,..unless the shoes fits..

After several pages, I'm wondering what the original purpose of the thread even was....Opinion or discussion of an overly flogged topic, or in the simplest state...some guy getting on here asking if the car he's looking to buy is worth the asking price?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.