Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

That company has done really well for a few customers of mine. I really like the twin disc RST. When I do the t56 swap the twin disc is goin in for sure.

@wiseguyk I think i figured out my "miss".... I enabled spark table switching and it was too aggressive i think my miss was either spark knock or some other issue with the table swap

EDIT: well that was not it, shut the table switch off and the issue persists.... Before i leave work for the day i am going to revert back to an older tune and see what happens. :shrug:

or maybe when we did all the swapping around we created an exhaust leak and thats what i am hearing.... or maybe its nothing and i am going crazy. :crazy:

Last edited:
@wiseguyk I think i figured out my "miss".... I enabled spark table switching and it was too aggressive i think my miss was either spark knock or some other issue with the table swap

EDIT: well that was not it, shut the table switch off and the issue persists.... Before i leave work for the day i am going to revert back to an older tune and see what happens. :shrug:

or maybe when we did all the swapping around we created an exhaust leak and thats what i am hearing.... or maybe its nothing and i am going crazy. :crazy:
Hmm, I do remember hitting my head on the exhaust a few times that day so maybe I popped something loose? ;) Seems doubtful we created a leak but crazier things have happened I suppose.

Looking forward to hearing if changing the tune helps at all.

Edit: Wanted to share a couple pics I took showing the pressure plate and bellhousing after their "self-clearancing" exercise :eek:
1540833956575.png

1540833972568.png

Last edited:
I fixed the engine man, pulled the crank out and it was out of round. (Machine shops fault) so I supplied another crank they turned it and balanced it to my Bob weights. The engine never came apart I just swapped the crank and bearings, then the trans went kaput. So Kyle being the nice guy he is told me to come on down and we swapped in his good trans.

All caught up now @CarMichael Angelo

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users
I fixed the engine man, pulled the crank out and it was out of round. (Machine shops fault) so I supplied another crank they turned it and balanced it to my Bob weights. The engine never came apart I just swapped the crank and bearings, then the trans went kaput. So Kyle being the nice guy he is told me to come on down and we swapped in his good trans.

All caught up now @CarMichael Angelo
Yeah But......If you're just gonna just jump to the end, you dont need a progress thread.

*Example.
"Im gonna rebuild my car...here's a pic of the before"
"Done! Heres a pic of the after".

I get what yer sayin but i figured it looked just like the first time it was installed so meh.... it is also MUCH easier to just share the album link from G photos and have 30 photos and videos then it is to upload and embed each and every one of them.

Reactions: 1 user
I get what yer sayin but i figured it looked just like the first time it was installed so meh.... it is also MUCH easier to just share the album link from G photos and have 30 photos and videos then it is to upload and embed each and every one of them.
I wanted to see how you removed, and reset a crank with the rods in place.

I wanted to see how you removed, and reset a crank with the rods in place.
Sorry Mike it was sort of an arduous task, I am glad i had help... It requires at least 2 people and alot of rubber hose long enough to keep the rod bolts off the crank. You also have to put the crank back in the EXACT way it came out or the rockers have to come off. once the crank is back in you have to roll the rod bearings into place and carefully pull each one up into place. We didnt take any pictures of that part i dont think, we were very preoccupied trying not to screw it up.

Reactions: 1 user
I ordered one of these...
https://prometh.com/collections/sol...eme-duty-400-psi-solenoid?variant=19074395523
its a WaterMeth solenoid that is MEANT to be pulsed with a pwm circuit. i cant wait for this to come in the mail.

I also ordered some transmission crossmember bushings, hopefully I can chase down that vibration.

I'm just gonna go on record here as stating that I beleive that that clutch is gonna be your vibration issue. Think about it.

Manufacturers have been building those clutches to fit that bell housing for over 30 years, and now all of the sudden you get one that dont fit. The Clutch is part of the rotating assembly. If that pressure plate is somehow built incorrectly, you'd think that they know that you are gonna have interference that youre gonna have to clearance. That interference is because something aint right.....and now its spinning at 6,000 rpm. Unless you bought some sort of Chinee "Made last year" brand, then as soon as I discovered the rattling clanging noise after startup, and determined that it was the clutch,..I'dve been making my next call to the clutch mfg.
Does your engine have the block plate that is sandwiched in between the back of the block, and the front of the bellhousing that locates the starter?

Last edited:
Sorry Mike it was sort of an arduous task, I am glad i had help... It requires at least 2 people and alot of rubber hose long enough to keep the rod bolts off the crank. You also have to put the crank back in the EXACT way it came out or the rockers have to come off. once the crank is back in you have to roll the rod bearings into place and carefully pull each one up into place. We didnt take any pictures of that part i dont think, we were very preoccupied trying not to screw it up.
Pics from FrankenCrank-Swap 2018. I hope they'll do, Mike ;)

The patient sedated and prepped for surgery:
1540990255338.png

Freshly brake cleaned donor organ:
1540990394297.png

Set in place with some longer hoses added to allow for better maneuvering of rods:
1540990477416.png

Timing chain installed:
1540990616426.png

All dressed and ready for the dance:
1540990697834.png

Reactions: 4 users
If you guys aren't using a tractor for an engine hoist, you're doing it wrong :cool::
1540991041383.png

Out of order (was gonna put at the beginning but dumb 5 image post limit and didn't want to re-upload :p) but the reason for the swap:
1540991131943.png

1540991175512.png

Bonus:
Crank.gif

SCSpin.gif

Reactions: 1 users