Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

Took the good advice gss342 on its way. 255lph hp model. Got the pipes cleaned out and the driver header wrapped.
1436732531970-1458898107.jpg
I hate this stuff

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

My bypass will have a silicon coupler very close to a header primary. The headers are now wrapped which should help. But with 2 inches or so space between them I'm not so sure it will hold up. I am going to also wrap the bypass tube and coupler with header wrap. Any other ideas for keeping the heat at bay?

OK here it is
20150715_202404.jpg
20150715_202435.jpg
the bypass works great used a 2800 rpm drill to spin it and capped the pressure side, opened the bypass with a vacuum pump slowly. This thing is noisy when capped but dead quiet once the bypass opens up. Moves a ton of air even at that low rpm.

Lots still to do
- wrap the passenger header
-new rocker arms
-install this and my ps pump.
-new gss342 fuel pump
-fmu
-gauges and other misc stuff......

Does anyone know where I can find a bleeder valve for the fmu?

Motivation is good too, let me know what you think good bad or indifferent. Criticism only makes us better.

Got the passenger header wrapped. Did I mention I hate that stuff? The aluminum gaskets I got leak like crazy, need to go thru and re-torque them. The battery relocation is done they are both in the trunk now. I still need to go thru and add a few more fuse blocks, I have a lot of unfused cable. ... which is a big nono. I got in 3 350amp ANL fuses today, but no blocks...... huh pictures are deceiving :nonono:

Yes me too. When I go to get the dyno numbers I will take two belts and my cai. I plan on doing a NA pull, then spinning up the blower and seeing what the difference is. Then I will do some port work to the blower and go again:D. All for the sake of science!

OK now there is a problem..... got the valve covers off this morning, had a friend come over to help. We planned on the rocker swap and slapping the rest of it together to check for pulley alignment belt length ect...
well we didn't get past the rocker removal. I had 3 valves that were about to drop off the springs into the cylinder, all intake valves. The rockers were all chewed up the tips fell off, the rocker body was pushing the retainer down to open the valve......

Things to learn from this
-have someone more experienced than you to check things over
-don't use used proform rockers
-next time you hear a noise under the valve covers pull shot apart right then.

I had assumed that the noise was a rocker going bad so I got the new one but this was a surprise. The valve tips are chewed up the retainers look OK but I don't want to risk it....
For now things will be on hold, most of the valves are not the same installed hieght. That does not seem correct, I didn't notice it Tony did. He slapped a straight edge on them.

Will update again when I know more.

Quick update.

The machine shop used to rebuild the heads with 2.02 1.9 valves used the wrong lochs/retainers... the lochs moved into the retainer cup and walked up the valve stem.

The shop used a second source builder for the heads.
the long and short of it is that THEY DID NOT USE LUBE WHEN THEY **** ME.

I have worked out a deal to trade parts for my electrical skills. A day of my time will hopefully yield some aluminum heads with all the goodies to make it work. This sucks I spent a lot of time porting those heads...

Small update gss342 is in place, unfortunately I realized my sender was way off after dropping the tank. Live and learn, will replace it at a later date.

On the alum heads.
Bleeeehhh procomp 190cc...... better than nothing. I'm sure my gt40 irons have better low lift flow after the port job. The pro comp will need some unshrouding of the valves and bowl work....... that I'm not willing to do at this point.

Opinions?

Quick update.

The machine shop used to rebuild the heads with 2.02 1.9 valves used the wrong lochs/retainers... the lochs moved into the retainer cup and walked up the valve stem.

The shop used a second source builder for the heads.
the long and short of it is that THEY DID NOT USE LUBE WHEN THEY **** ME.

Is the machine shop not going to come good for this?

No judging by the conversation we had. He said one year warranty, I said they only have 500miles on them. He said sorry out of warranty.
I guess I should have driven the car more, but I'm not driving here to a phosphate plant.

While I wait to figure out what to do (waiting for my heads). I decided to port the supercharger, I am no expert at this so hold back the witty quips plz.
20150730_175833.jpg
20150730_175751.jpg
while this is a minor port job there is not much material for porting on an oval port m90. HUGE gains can be made with welding for extra grinding area, but I am happy with the results thus far.
New bearings coming in for it soon.