Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

No problem, I wish i could have gotten away with just changing the connectors to ev6 by crimping on new terminals and building each connector. Some of my injectors need the extra length in the harness so splicing on a pre-made pigtail made the most sense.
I have no idea how many pins need to be moved on the extension harness yet so i will try and document that as well as i can for you.

Reactions: 1 user
No problem, I wish i could have gotten away with just changing the connectors to ev6 by crimping on new terminals and building each connector. Some of my injectors need the extra length in the harness so splicing on a pre-made pigtail made the most sense.
I have no idea how many pins need to be moved on the extension harness yet so i will try and document that as well as i can for you.

It's not too bad to re-pin. maybe 10 or 12 that had to move. There are some that are jumpered to multiple pins if I remember right, so check carefully. Unfortunately, I didn't document it very well when I did it or I would post it here.

My head feels like it is full of concrete, I have a terrible flu..... when I get sick I'm like a giant child, I dont wanna do nothing. But I decided to tough it out for you guys and get some stuff done. I finished splicing in the injector pigtails for the ev6 injectors, with the harness on the car this was sort of a pita. I didnt take any pics as it's one of those simple things. (I actually forgot to take pics soo.....)
This guy was hanging out with me though, he didnt talk much.....
20181110_123211.jpg

Right now I am continuity testing the rotunda harness adapter, I have a list of pins that need to be swapped to make it work. Mine came with 2 pigtails I am using the one marked (Harness-to monitor) so i have another 2' extension i am not using.
20181110_152644.jpg

I'm using the one on the left.

and here is the pin list i have to swap, the left column is the side that plugs into the harness and the right column is the EEC. I did this very quickly with a multimeter and must verify these pins as i swap them so the list may change a bit.
1541881746109.png

Reactions: 1 users
I have started to repin the extension harness, first I used a small screwdriver to remove the plastic retainer from the connector. The I pried the back off the connector and removed the rubber moisture barrier so the pins can be removed. This part requires a bit of finesse, you have to lift the plastic clip with a pick then remove the pin from the connector.
First I swapped pins 29-44
20181110_155617.jpg

Last edited:
1541889564472.png

1541889578844.png

this is the final verdict for that side of the harness. now this is a problem, notice how pin #42 is empty.... that is injector #7....
I am going to move a pin that is not in use to the pin42 spot and simply move the jumper in the MS case to get injector #7 out where i need it to be. After doing a pin check on the other side of the harness i believe that you could move the pins in the reverse order that i have done above and pin #49 will be empty, thats a non issue since it is the O2 sensor ground anyway and is not used with the MS.

So i have a second cable that is not repinned if someone needs it.

I decided to piddle around outside and did an output test on the pwm circuit for the wmeth solenoid. Keep coming up with a low voltage only 3.8v at 100% duty cycle, I know I'm testing with a multimeter but even a noid light wont fire on this circuit. I am no electronics expert but I think the IRLZ44N transistor went bad, these can carry alot of current but a nitrous solenoid being pulsed is alot.

Ok so i drove the car into work today and am happy to say that there is no issue in respect to the way the car is running. It may all just be in my head but the car seems to run smoother than it has been previously, this may be attributed to the fact that the injectors now have a solid connection and i am not loosing or dropping a(n) injector randomly anymore. So far life is good.

There is this nagging i have about the amount of boost the car is making, i think the intake tract i have built and the single 75mm throttle body may be choking the blower down. Most of the companies that make these blowers suggest a 80mm or larger intake tract to support 400 HP.

I am not however going to be pulling it apart to test this theory, I may make a new inlet for it at some point in the future... one that will support a 90mm TB or even one of those oval deals the 03-04 cobras used they pop up for cheap all the time. This would be easy if i had a way to weld aluminum.

I decided to piddle around outside and did an output test on the pwm circuit for the wmeth solenoid. Keep coming up with a low voltage only 3.8v at 100% duty cycle, I know I'm testing with a multimeter but even a noid light wont fire on this circuit. I am no electronics expert but I think the IRLZ44N transistor went bad, these can carry alot of current but a nitrous solenoid being pulsed is alot.
Did you have a diode in parallel with the solenoid coil to dampen the inductive pulse?