Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

1439942897749-1590269675.jpg
notice how the studs don't bottom out..... it's a good thing I didn't bolt them on the car first....:nonono:
I'm gonna call him tomorrow guess I should have let them install the studs. I picked them up today...

Drum roll please.............. no? OK fine then.

Grab some popcorn pop open a cold one and hold on!

20150819_195720.jpg
the heads came out great after some profanity and smashing of fingers.
-Fully adjustable drive train. Check
-Correct springs with new valves. Check
-Fiance yelling "stop being cheap just get it done right I don't care what it costs". PRICELESS

Now I just need to sand paper roll the lower to knock off the crap and pressure wash it.:nice:

Or get a better intake, I currently have a cobra intake but I would like a single plane with an elbow drilled for injectors.
:scratch: hmm mm ideas?

Reactions: 1 user
OK I didn't think enough of it to take pictures as I went but I did get my pushrod length figured out. I took an old one and cut half an inch out of it threaded the inside to accept a piece of threaded rod. My old length was 6.25 new length as ordered is 6.100

Waiting for parts is a pita I'm impatient...
So I decided to out in some gauges to watch my temp and a boost vac gauge they are cheapie sun pros but right now they will work till I splurge for some sweet autometers.
My attempt at a small airbox out of stainless scrap I had was a flop my tig just melts back the base as it is far too thin... so my next attempt will be with some abs plastic sheets I have beating around, I have an old soldering iron on the shelf and will make a run to the local hobby store for some plastic filler rods. I will post some updates and pics of the process as I go.
Hopefully it won't suck.:p

Holy :poo: balls Batman!!!

SHE SAID GO AHEAD AND ORDER THE MEGASQUIRT. so I am and it will be glorious, there will be balloons and midget throwing contests.
The only question is to get the diy plug and play or the ms3???????. .
Oh and I got a ton of the little piddly stuff done like harness and what not....
Still haven't started that filter guard.

Reactions: 1 users
I got my push rods in today, tried to set the valve lash. Well I suck.

After some adjusting of the guide plates with a dremel, the rockers lined up.

Then I went about setting my valve lash too zero then a 3/4 turn with the lifter on the "heel" of the cam. Well never having done this before I had too Google what zero lash "felt" like.

After doing cylinders 1 and 2. I went to 3 and something strange happened, instead of the lifter preloading the valve started to depress........... so I checked that didn't turn the wrench very hard....... then I push on the valve with my hand, nothing. Well I put some ass behind it and the valve moved, eehhhh normal I suppose.

My biggest head scratcher was the fact that I am having a hard time with this... I hope my lifters aren't collapsed, I doubt they are but I can't seem the depress the spring in the lifter.....

Hhmmm... I ran out of daylight today, so I will bash my face into it again tomorrow...

.......this part is to be read quickly and without pause for dramatic effect......
.......begin rant......
biggest problem is the intake is on already, and the fuel rails and harness and all that stuff I spent 3 hrs of my life tie wrapping down and wire looming in place so it all looks clean and nifty and now I might have to pull it all off again just to watch the dam lifters depress in the bores because I didn't think far enough ahead to realize that changing the entire valve train setup might just turn into an issue because that's just what happens to me....... often.
.....End rant... I will now return you to your regularly scheduled forum.

So what should I do now???
Thanks

I was fortunate. The first time I did this, someone was there to show me what it looked and felt like.

Without that, I would have over tightened each and every one.

Ok. Got the car running perfect na.....

Have surging issues with the charger spinning, now I don't have the bypass hooked up yet so that's a likely culprit. The vacuum hose nipple for it is in a **** up location. Lol

It is all coming together nicely.

Got all vac lines ran and the right size belt.
Need to add/remove some shims here and there with the engine dress to line up right but right now it does not throw the belt.

Fuel lines for fmu leaking, need to take fittings apart and use thread sealer.

IT SOUNDS SICK! even my girl is in love with the whine!!!

Maybe tomorrow (if water isn't falling from the sky) I will button it up and drive it!

Not sure about boost figures, makes about 3 when you nail it in park..... hopefully more with a load on it, say in 3rd gear...

...... smileys aren't working..... wtf?

I got my push rods in today, tried to set the valve lash. Well I suck.

After some adjusting of the guide plates with a dremel, the rockers lined up.

Then I went about setting my valve lash too zero then a 3/4 turn with the lifter on the "heel" of the cam. Well never having done this before I had too Google what zero lash "felt" like.

After doing cylinders 1 and 2. I went to 3 and something strange happened, instead of the lifter preloading the valve started to depress........... so I checked that didn't turn the wrench very hard....... then I push on the valve with my hand, nothing. Well I put some ass behind it and the valve moved, eehhhh normal I suppose.

My biggest head scratcher was the fact that I am having a hard time with this... I hope my lifters aren't collapsed, I doubt they are but I can't seem the depress the spring in the lifter.....

Hhmmm... I ran out of daylight today, so I will bash my face into it again tomorrow...

.......this part is to be read quickly and without pause for dramatic effect......
.......begin rant......
biggest problem is the intake is on already, and the fuel rails and harness and all that stuff I spent 3 hrs of my life tie wrapping down and wire looming in place so it all looks clean and nifty and now I might have to pull it all off again just to watch the dam lifters depress in the bores because I didn't think far enough ahead to realize that changing the entire valve train setup might just turn into an issue because that's just what happens to me....... often.
.....End rant... I will now return you to your regularly scheduled forum.

So what should I do now???
Thanks
i did my valves once before,im doing them again tomorrow actually,just had the heads off,but i went by what i think zero lash is also...lol....i think i got it anyway....lol
but nice job bud,thats a unique set up i like it.....you have to post a vid of the whine!