Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

Thanks, just trying to bring the car up to the 21st century
You'd have to change out everything else too if you're " just trying to bring the car up to the 21st century"
Anti lock brakes , traction control, VVT, VCT, and some sort of driver assistant watching how you interact with traffic, park, merge, and drive. Lastly, you'd have more than a 5 gear manual trans...in favor of a much faster, and more efficient dual clutch 7/8/9 gear automatic. ( even BMW IS no longer manufacturing a car in the mainstream line where a manual is available..only the "M" cars get one,...but it a standard feature,....if you want speed and efficiency, you let your ECU control the shift, and you pay 2700.00 more dollars to get a DCT.

• Sponsors (?)

20190210_141430.jpg
20190210_141502.jpg
20190210_141439.jpg
20190210_173522.jpg

Spent a little time and moved the ECU under the passenger seat so people don't put there feet on it anymore.

Reactions: 1 users
You'd have to change out everything else too if you're " just trying to bring the car up to the 21st century"
Anti lock brakes , traction control, VVT, VCT, and some sort of driver assistant watching how you interact with traffic, park, merge, and drive. Lastly, you'd have more than a 5 gear manual trans...in favor of a much faster, and more efficient dual clutch 7/8/9 gear automatic. ( even BMW IS no longer manufacturing a car in the mainstream line where a manual is available..only the "M" cars get one,...but it a standard feature,....if you want speed and efficiency, you let your ECU control the shift, and you pay 2700.00 more dollars to get a DCT.
Well if I do go back to an auto it will be with manual shifting from paddles... and yes megasquirt can do that.

Well everything is on hold right now, Dad is not doing well, might lose his feet.... he cant walk at all anymore we take care of him at home, it's a struggle.

I don't usually post my personal stuff but this is time it's taking a big tole on my family. So if I'm not around as much for awhile I'm dealing with family stuff.

Reactions: 2 users
Glad to see you are making some progress on the car, while you are collecting those parts. Have you dropped the block off yet while you are collecting?

So sorry for your dad, but you are an awesome son sir...keep that head up as you always do!!!

Pretty soon you won't even have to drive the car, just sit back and let the nanny controls take over...lol
As if a 8,9,10 speed transmission isn't enough how about no speed belt driven CVT, not for me.

Man, sorry to hear about your dad. My mom basically slowly suffocated the last 3 years of her life with COPD. It was hard being so far away and not being able to be there more. She was a trooper. She never complained, other than about not being able to go out and tend her tomatoes more or give my dad all of his daily instructions. :cautious:

At the end of the day, it's a car. Family comes first. We'll still be here waiting.

:coff:

Reactions: 2 users
Could not let a 100 off 1k deal on summit pass me by.... I ordered some parts today, things that dont require the machine shop to tell me what size to buy..
- ProMAXX 180cc maxx series heads https://www.vigilanteparts.com/ProMAXX_Cylinder_Heads_p/pmx-sbf-60s-9175.htm
-ARP studs for the 351w

at least she will have better flowing heads on her, and push come to shove they will work on a 302 as well... my GT40 irons will be for sale soon.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users
sorry about your dad. Mines in a similar situation. He's already lost one foot and the other is so bad he's in a wheelchair most of the time. His issues due to being flat footed and stubborn. He waited too long to get them fixed and the ankle deteriated and then the problem was compounded by Parkinsons. Sucks getting old! I definitely got my stubbornness from him lol