Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

Oh my promaxx180cc heads came in as well, let's unbox em.
20190316_174425.jpg
20190316_173841.jpg
20190316_173857.jpg
20190316_174417.jpg
20190316_174353.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users
Great stuff.

If I were you, I 'd have my machinist do a full disassemble and check for valve concentricty, and validate the installed height and spring loads of the valves. Often they are out, even on good heads.

Once thats done, re-prussian blue and bed in the valves to the inserts.

Common issues are the pushrod clearance and port positions. They don't have to be port matched if the intkae holes are bigger than your intake, and the exhaust holes are smaller than your headers. Engines make better power if the port mismatch goes that way.

The castings are good, but they do need to be checked. There is no such thing as a bolt on an ready to run set of bought in heads.

Reactions: 1 user
OK so i am still waiting to hear something about my block, but while i wait i decided to go ahead and price 2 differing builds... the first is the 351 the second is the 393....
I now have the heads to support either variant of the engine, my blower moves more CFM than either can use = blower will make boost....
I have to buy pistons/rings for both
-the cost between the two is very similar, within $200.. both aiming for a 9.5 compression ratio for the boost.

What direction should i lean? i cant decide.
351 OR 393

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
OK so i am still waiting to hear something about my block, but while i wait i decided to go ahead and price 2 differing builds... the first is the 351 the second is the 393....
I now have the heads to support either variant of the engine, my blower moves more CFM than either can use = blower will make boost....
I have to buy pistons/rings for both
-the cost between the two is very similar, within $200.. both aiming for a 9.5 compression ratio for the boost.

What direction should i lean? i cant decide.
351 OR 393
The first question you should find an answer for is how are you going to communicate all that power to the ground? Just spinning the tires without quickly going forward is a useless waste of rubber and effort.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
393 would be bad ass.... but i have heard a lot of people beating the :poo: out of the tried and true 351 with no problems.

not sure on the machine process on the stroker with the block but a plus to the 351 is if something were to happen you could probably re use alot of the 351 parts on another run of the mill 351 and not be out all you machine work.

IMO is to stay simple with the 351 combo as it should provide less areas to be problematic. We dont want any blow-by, oil consumption, etc with the stroker, but thats just my opinion.