Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

not sure... the rod ratio is 1.54 on a 393 with a stock rod... thats pretty close to the ls7 rod ratio and they dont seem to have any issues....

for those who are well informed on this stroker combo please advise

Ford Australias 5.6 stroker ran 5.337" rods, and a 3.4" stroke with short compression register hypereutectic 1.169" pistons for a 1.57:1 rod ratio.

Based on the crappy Explorer block, but plateau honed and crank girdled. They moved back to iron heads to add extra upper support on a stroker engine that reved to 6000 rpm

• Sponsors (?)

Your going to put a 351 block in your car anyway why not get an extra 43cu. not really anymore work.
If my calculation is correct on my 393w
5.956" Scat rods, 3.85" stroke Scat crank = 1.55" rod ratio.
I was looking to do a 351w stroker build and couldn't turn down the deal I got on the 393w rotating assembly.
I Do Not regret it makes a really fun street car, I have not experienced any oil consumption issues etc.

FWIW, I think you stay 351 for now. Save your pennies and go big-inch W when the time is right. I think it's a waste of money to only go most of the way with a 393. You're already doing the work, the parts arent that much more expensive, and you get a lot more CI out of it.

By nature of the beast.

By nature of the beast, the extra 50 c.i. alone over the 302 will increase the likelyhood that you'll have tire spin. Add to that, that you just upgraded the head,....which has been proven time, and time again to add 50/50 hp/tq. to a weanie assed 5.0, and you'll have more of a battle than you anticipate with the 351 at stock displacement.