Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

The 302 and 351 both use the same balancer. I dont know if the block makes a difference, I am using a stock 351w block.
The rotating assembly is neutral balanced or internally balanced, so the balancer is just a damper and has no imbalance.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

The 302 and 351 both use the same balancer. I dont know if the block makes a difference, I am using a stock 351w block.
The rotating assembly is neutral balanced or internally balanced, so the balancer is just a damper and has no imbalance.
Man......the quality of the crack must be freakin phenomenal where you live.... :nonono:

What kind of crazy man spends 515 dollars on a harmonic balancer?

302 and 351 do NOT use the same balancer. late-model 302's are 50oz, 351's are 28oz.

Reactions: 1 user
20190617_194010-jpg.jpg

its a humble beginning but i will at least have a concrete slab to work on things now. 18'x42'x5" It will have a steel building over it with open sides going to enclose part of it on 3 sides.
you should be running a sprinkler on that slab for about 3 days. Evens out the cure time and makes it stronger.

Not when it's for an internally balance recip assembly...it just doesn't matter.

I have never heard this. My flywheel has interchangeable weights and specified to leave them off if neutral balance. Maybe that's the difference? I alway put internally balanced and neutral (0) in the same boat.
Almost certain my pioneer balancer has interchangeable weights too, not 100% on that.

So in theory, are you saying a 28oz internally balanced crank could have a 50oz or a neutral balance balancer/dampener on it?

Joe

Lots of parts are going to be showing up soon, slowly getting everything needed for the assembly together. Buying lots of quality parts this time so hopefully this should go well..

Also the Mustang has a new home, although a humble one.
20190623_201728-jpg.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users
So game plan time...

Engine:
non roller 351w block
-1-94256BI rotating assembly from Scat,
-PMX-9175 180cc ProMaxx cylinder heads [machine shop is going over them thoroughly]
-Custom bumpstick from Brian Freezy [596lift 224i / 236e @ .050 114*LSA] blower cam
-ARP head and Main studs
-HRS 91168 roller lifters from Howards
- Melling M83HV oil pump high volume standard pressure

-TFS 19006 harmonic balancer - removable counterweight for IB assembly
-64bit tuning CAM and CRANK sensors
- 7QT Wieand oil pan [same as canton] with pickup tube
-assorted ARP parts ie.. hardened oil drive, damper bolt ect....
Things that still have to be ordered.... pushrods, intake spacers.... and im sure i am missing something

Transmission plans:
-4R70W from a 00-04 3.8L mustang these come with the extra friction disks and upgraded drums...
-AOD tail housing so i can use my driveshaft
-Some kind of 4R shifter TBD
This is going to be electronically controlled with a MegaSquirt TCU unit i have already built, paddle shifters ect will happen.

Rear end:
-Ford Racing 31 spline traclok
-3.08 gears
-31spline axles with C clip eliminators Strange
-6 way adjustable shocks strange
Plan on doing the torque box reinforcements

I may also do an ECU upgrade to MS3 if the budget will allow for it.

suggestions comments or concerns???

Reactions: 1 user
1. we shall see, if i can find someone who wants a highly modified MS2PNP i can use that to offset the cost.

2. Not sure yet, that is TBD..... the blower will fit and will likely be right at home on the build, but i may do a standard intake due to the heads and CID increase.....