1525807288862.png

Or:
1525807593887.png
?

Bonus teal! :D
1525807720361.png

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Just got a call from bullfrog performance, my heads will be ready this afternoon! I may try and pickup tomorrow after the 4 hours I have to be at the office.
Now I just need the cam to show up.. does anyone know how to rebuild a hydraulic lifter to make it act like a semi-mechanical?

Had to sacrifice two of my original ones to measure piston to valve clearance. Found a video online showing how to pull them apart, flip the internals upside down and put the retainer clip back it. It did the job and you cannot compress them at all.

Had to sacrifice two of my original ones to measure piston to valve clearance. Found a video online showing how to pull them apart, flip the internals upside down and put the retainer clip back it. It did the job and you cannot compress them at all.
At all.... like does not take up any of the slack like a hydraulic lifter??? I do have a fully adjustable valve-train so no biggie i guess. Is there a downside to doing this?

Its tight, took a bit of work to get the retainer clip to go back in, almost flush with the groove. I push down on them with a round punch, didn't use a vice but saw now movement at all. While rotating the engine with valve fully open I saw no movement, not sure what # springs are in these AFR heads?