Fuel gauge pegged to the top, car shuts off

Shawn_Mc

Oct 1, 2021
Anahiem
Yeah, this is a great idea :nice:

and when it dies in the middle of an intersection or in traffic where stupid people will do stupid things while on their social media devices (it's not a phone anymore, it's a companion like a therapy animal) like smash into you.
but I digress,

That isnt the way my life works. If it dies completely, it'll be in the middle of no where, no cell service, middle of the night, I'll probably only be carrying my subcompact with no extra magazine, or I'll be on a date with a bikini model that just said something really dirty and wants me to take her ASAP.

But I drove it for about 30 minutes today. Ran the same as it did when I drove it off the lot in October of 1988. :shrug:

• Sponsors(?)

7991LXnSHO

wanna catch the space herp
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
Kearney, NE
That isnt the way my life works. If it dies completely, it'll be in the middle of no where, no cell service, middle of the night, I'll probably only be carrying my subcompact with no extra magazine, or I'll be on a date with a bikini model that just said something really dirty and wants me to take her ASAP.

But I drove it for about 30 minutes today. Ran the same as it did when I drove it off the lot in October of 1988. :shrug:
Those sound like fun adventures and Much better than being stuck in traffic.

Do you have a way to check the fuel pressure next time it dies? I have a FP gauge for tuning that hooks to the Schrader valve. It might be worth the fire risk to run with it for a while to eliminate fuel pump issues as a problem. If pressure is still up while cranking but not starting, intermittent ignition component failure is likely. It could be an injector pulse failure issue. Either would be better than dropping the tank again.
In the mean time, have fun studying what jrichker posted to make us wiser.