• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Fuel issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter IH8BOWTIES
  • Start date Start date Feb 21, 2010

IH8BOWTIES

Member
Jul 6, 2008
92
1
9
Feb 21, 2010
#1
  • Feb 21, 2010
  • #1
I'm having some fuel problems on my 92. The fuel pump comes on when the key is on but it stays on and won't pressure the system. When I'm under the hood, I can hear what seems to be pressure escaping somewhere near the rear by the firewall. Suspected FPR and changed it but to no avail. Problem still there. Someone mentioned a fuel flow regulator but I can't find any info on such a thing. None the less, the fuel pump comes on and there is zero fuel pressure. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.......
 

Tanus

New Member
Dec 11, 2009
847
1
0
A to the Z
Feb 21, 2010
#2
  • Feb 21, 2010
  • #2
fuel pressure regulator, its on fuel rail behind TB, vac line in it.

drop the tank and check it out, seen pumps get disconnected so it just pumps fuel into tank, not into fuel line
 

IH8BOWTIES

Member
Jul 6, 2008
92
1
9
Feb 21, 2010
#3
  • Feb 21, 2010
  • #3
Thanks, I was planning on dropping the tank next weekend. This tank does have some rust in the bottom I noticed when I put the Walbro in but I didn't have another tank and the car is my driver. I'm wondering if the FP strainer might be clogged. I have another tank to put in it now and a new strainer that I got about 2 years ago. Maybe that'll do it, I don't know.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

D
Fuel Erratic Fuel Pressure 1985 GT
  • DienstXIV
  • Jan 14, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
16
Views
820
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jan 16, 2026
AeroCoupe
C
98 gt fuel pressure issues
  • chasecollier1984
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
145
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 2, 2026
chasecollier1984
C
M
01 mustang 3.8 fuel pressure issue
  • Mhaley2006
  • May 29, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
381
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 9, 2026
JohnKay
J
L
2003 mustang v6 3.8 fuel issue
  • lacole1
  • Jul 20, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
146
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 26, 2026
apple99Mustangdude
A
B
Electrical Why does my fox body keep frying eecs
  • brandyn200
  • Jun 20, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
399
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 25, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?