Fuel Pressure Problem. Need help.

I own a 71 Ford Ranchero that had its engine swapped out with a 1995 Cobra R (351 Windsor) with a Victor EFI Edlebrock intake. The fuel pressure is set to 42 and the car starts just fine from a cold start. The problem is once I have driven around and the engine warms up I lose a tiny bit of pressure to 40 and the car will NOT idle, she just dies. Now I did buy this car from Colorado and I drove it to Texas. Major elevation change if that is a big factor. Should I tinker with the fuel pressure or should I leave it alone? What causes loss in fuel pressure after heating up?

• Sponsors (?)

A 2lb fuel pressure loss is not cause for concern. That goes for the change in elevation too.
The concern is about the swap itself, was it done using all the right parts??
Does it have the connection for a code reader?
It also may have developed a vacuum leak.

As far as I know everything is there. The car drove 660 miles home. And then I drove an additional 400 to 500 miles after getting home. Everything was fine until I was going down the highway and the car is now in limp mode. I swapped out the spark plugs, distributor cap and rotor, changed oil, cleaned cold intake with the K&N cleaning kit, and bought a compression test kit which all of the cylinders are firing. I am at a loss now. I think I feel an exhaust leak and will take the exhaust headers off and put a new gasket and swap out the plug wires. After that I dont know what to do except take the headers off and look inside.

Ok, tell us what you know about the install, ie: injector size, mass air or speed dencity, is the diagnostic port there?
stick or auto and what computer, using o2 sensors installed.
If there is a diagnostic port, check for codes.

s this car efi or carb?

• Dislike
Reactions:74stang2togo
wth? This is bad for my image.

s this car efi or carb?

• Dislike
Reactions:74stang2togo
wth? This is bad for my image.

Re-read the first sentence of his post, then your first question.

This ignores that someone running 40psi into a carburetor is going to have a first post asking why gasoline is flowing from the vent tubes, or why their car burned to the ground.

I own a 71 Ford Ranchero that had its engine swapped out with a 1995 Cobra R (351 Windsor) with a Victor EFI Edlebrock intake.
Is this car efi or carb?