• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

gas milage ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Orions98GT
  • Start date Start date Apr 8, 2005

Orions98GT

New Member
Nov 20, 2004
234
0
0
Overland Park, KS
Apr 8, 2005
#1
  • Apr 8, 2005
  • #1
On my 98 GT 5 spd, after I fixed my o2 sensor went from 220 miles on a tank to 255, is that normal? I maybe pick up and go three or four times on a tank.
 

sgarlic

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2001
3,085
1
56
Apr 9, 2005
#2
  • Apr 9, 2005
  • #2
I guess I'm not sure why you'd be looking for comfort for an increase in gas mileage.
 

topless98gt

Adhesive Feces
Mar 31, 2005
182
0
17
Arlington, TX
Apr 9, 2005
#3
  • Apr 9, 2005
  • #3
Orions98GT said:
On my 98 GT 5 spd, after I fixed my o2 sensor went from 220 miles on a tank to 255, is that normal? I maybe pick up and go three or four times on a tank.
Click to expand...
My tank milage varies anywhere from 210 to 250 depending on what speed I go on the highway, in the city, what my shiftpoint is, etc.
 

OUR01GT

New Member
Mar 31, 2005
121
0
0
EAST CENTRAL OHIO
Apr 9, 2005
#4
  • Apr 9, 2005
  • #4
I get 28 MPG highway cruising at 65 MPH average, city driving I have never checked.
 

04DarkShadowGT

Member
Jan 31, 2004
474
0
17
Fort Wayne, IN
Apr 9, 2005
#5
  • Apr 9, 2005
  • #5
I get about 26 mpg

and

I get about 22 mpg city.
 
G

GreyGoose

New Member
Aug 1, 2003
86
0
0
NYC - Staten Island
Apr 9, 2005
#6
  • Apr 9, 2005
  • #6
When I had my 2000 GT 5Speed I used to get around 170Miles from a full tank I gues it's all in the driving habit but I never got more then 200Miles from a tank even when I drove like a turtle....... this is all NYC and some highway
 

OrangeStang04

New Member
Apr 2, 2005
61
0
0
Covington, KY
Apr 9, 2005
#7
  • Apr 9, 2005
  • #7
I don't think i have ever gotten higher than 17mpg since i have had my car
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

L
Electrical problems with passenger side downstream o2 sensor
  • Lexiii12
  • Sep 14, 2026
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
84
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Lexiii12
L
R
For Sale NEW 2026 OEM Rims and tires for sale
  • RSchultz
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • Other Classifieds
Replies
0
Views
114
Other Classifieds Aug 3, 2026
RSchultz
R
Engine Keeping O2 sensors lit with long tube headers
  • keel
  • Jul 30, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
213
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 21, 2026
Qtrhrse23
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
447
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
M
Help! 2003 GT misfire when hot
  • Modular03
  • Feb 10, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
506
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Feb 13, 2026
Mustang5L5
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?