GOOD DEAL??? $13k for a 2004 GT Convertible, 40th annivers, 14k miles, mint condition

aliensquale

Mar 22, 2011
Just wondering if this is a good deal or not.. I'm in the northeast btw..

2004 Mustang GT Convertible, black color, tan interior.. Anniversary Edition, 14k miles.. car has always been garage kept and is in mint condition.

Has the Shaker 1000 audio system in it with 2 big subwoofers and amplifers in the truck from the factory. (not sure if ALL 40th anniversary editions came with this?)

Plus it has brown pinstripping on the side, the word 'Mustang' on the rear bumper is brown in color and there are NO racing strips.

The rims are 17", 5 spoke and look like they are chrome... this is all how the car came from the factory.. no aftermarket parts. So maybe the rims and the audio system are a special order or something?

anyhow... is $13k a good deal for this car or is that too much?

• Sponsors (?)

The shaker 1000 was an option on other years, but the mach 460 is a more common one. Personally, I would prefer a mach1 or 99-01 cobra for that price range. I doubt you could find an 03-04 cobra in decent shape in that range, but the other 2 could be found if you arn't in a hurry to get a car. What are your plans for the car?

well a 'convertible' is a MUST.. that's the entire purpose of looking for a secondary car for me... I doubt I can get a cobra convertible for anywhere near 13k in good shape..

this car that the thread is about does NOT have racing stripes at all... but it DOES have the 40th anniversary batch on the side of the car... so I don't know what's the deal... I thought ALL 40th anniversary 2004's had racing stripes... apparentely that is NOT the case...

could this particular car be a some other 40th anniversary package or something becasue it also has 5 spoke chrome rims... 17inch.. and the Shaker 1000 audio package.

this car that the thread is about does NOT have racing stripes at all... but it DOES have the 40th anniversary batch on the side of the car... so I don't know what's the deal... I thought ALL 40th anniversary 2004's had racing stripes... apparentely that is NOT the case...

could this particular car be a some other 40th anniversary package or something becasue it also has 5 spoke chrome rims... 17inch.. and the Shaker 1000 audio package.

Just because it has a "40th Anniversary" badge on the side of the car does not mean it was an actual "40th Anniversary Edition." I think they did the same thing in 2004 that they did in 1999 (35th anniversary). I know in 1999, ALL Mustangs (V6s and GTs anyway) had 35th anniversary badges on the side, but then there were some GTs that were "special" 35th anniversary "editions" which were a specific paint scheme, etc. My 99 has 35th badges on the side fenders (instead of "GT"), but it's not a "35th Anniversary Edition."

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they did the same thing in 2004. Just...fyi.

13 grand is about right for that mileage. the car is brand new with that milage. it has a whole life ahead of it. the year dont mean alot espesially it it was garaged and treated right. verts cost extra so that is a decent price. i just bought this 98 gt vert for daily driving. i was looking for 5 months. i didnt see machs for that price or cobras at all unless they had much higher mileage. i did see low mileage cobras but they were 98's or older. i think its on par for a low mileage vert. i got mine for 10,000 grand with 12,700 miles but its a 98

Yeah even the kelly blue book prices are waaayyyy higher than you guys are talking here.

Just in the last month I noticed kbb prices for these cars went up almost 1k .. Back in march the prices for the same exact car was like 1k less.. Weird.. Guess used car values are rising on certain cars.

You'd have to be insane to spend that kind of money on this body style GT unless you're buying an already built car that has what you want on it, or it's something like a Mach, Cobra, etc. They are outdated, lack performance and refinement, etc.

You'd have to be insane to spend that kind of money on this body style GT unless you're buying an already built car that has what you want on it, or it's something like a Mach, Cobra, etc. They are outdated, lack performance and refinement, etc.

unless of course you actually LIKE this body style better than other body styles :rolleyes: ...some folks do you know...and there is A LOT more to choosing a car than the simple black and white numbers

but ya, I think $13K is definitely on the high side, OTOH 14K is virtually brand new so it may be a reasonable deal...its almost impossible to make an intelligent decision on something like that from the internet

very nice car.. problem is I am in NJ... how much would shipping a car like this cost?

and on another note.. I do have 20-22k in cash.. I really wanted a Corvette Convertible but thought it would be too expensive... but if I'm talking 20k on a Cobra.. I bet I could get a nice 2001-2003 Corvette Convertible for that kind of money??? and I would imagine that the corvette would smoke even the terminator.. maybe not in a straight line but definately in the twisties!

I posted on your other post but I will put a different Cobra on this one.. If you had say 20K laying around this would be a great buy. Low mile 04 Cobra vert for under 20 grand is a good buy in my book.

2004 FORD MUSTANG COBRA**WITH WARRANTY**

unless of course you actually LIKE this body style better than other body styles :rolleyes: ...some folks do you know...and there is A LOT more to choosing a car than the simple black and white numbers

but ya, I think $13K is definitely on the high side, OTOH 14K is virtually brand new so it may be a reasonable deal...its almost impossible to make an intelligent decision on something like that from the internet

I do really like our body style. As far as what the car delivers, they're way behind in times. Takes too much to get anything in return, and at the end of the day your starting platform is a 7 year old car at minimum.

To each their own, but if it were my $, I'd probably not look at a 2v car again unless I knew I had deep pockets for a one-time, do-it-right build.

very nice car.. problem is I am in NJ... how much would shipping a car like this cost?

and on another note.. I do have 20-22k in cash.. I really wanted a Corvette Convertible but thought it would be too expensive... but if I'm talking 20k on a Cobra.. I bet I could get a nice 2001-2003 Corvette Convertible for that kind of money??? and I would imagine that the corvette would smoke even the terminator.. maybe not in a straight line but definately in the twisties!

C5 Z06 for that cash, you may be able to find one - and that'd be sick.

Cobras can turn pretty well... the IRS helps a lot. The brakes are great as well. Personally, I'd take an 03/04 Cobra over any non-Z06 C5 'Vette.