Good Place to look for Rims/Tires for 1985 Mustang Gt

85ponyGT

Sep 18, 2019
Tecumseh MI
I have a 1985 GT. 40k Miles on it and I can Not find a website that has 4 lug rims. I am looking for 17x5 in the front and 17x 8 in the rear.

I am new to this. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_20191017_175311_01.jpg
    IMG_20191017_175311_01.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 172
  • Sponsors (?)

I question the quality of some of those package rims. I had a flat and the guy at Goodyear slightly bent one of them putting a patch on. Wish I had a re do I would get something else. They were the first things I got at American Muscle

I’ve had reasonably good luck with forums and craigslist. Found two sets of 19 inch track pack wheels with tires for really good prices for my 2014 GT. I found decent pony wheels for my Fox on craigslist for really cheap.

I was looking at the OE Wheels LLC site because I like the look of their cobra R replicas with the rivets better than the ones on LMR. I called them to ask some questions and they told me those wheels were like 28 lbs a piece, which is quite a bit heavier than the LMR advertised weight for the same style/size wheel. Also, they say you can select whatever tires you want if you do a package. Easier to get more details over the phone than on their website.

I appreciate it. I have been there before. can't find anything I like. wasn't sure if there was any other places.
There just isn't a great selection of 4 lug rims in general.
And when you take a 5 spoke wheel and replicate it in 4 lug, it just looks wrong (which may be why you don't like the wheels at lmr).
There is a few sets of likeable 4 lug wheels, but choices will always be limited.

Reactions: 1 users
There just isn't a great selection of 4 lug rims in general.
And when you take a 5 spoke wheel and replicate it in 4 lug, it just looks wrong (which may be why you don't like the wheels at lmr).
There is a few sets of likeable 4 lug wheels, but choices will always be limited.
That’s why the old school ROH wheels were awesome! They looked great and hid the fact that it was 4 lug on a five spoke.

That’s why the old school ROH wheels were awesome! They looked great and hid the fact that it was 4 lug on a five spoke.
They were good, so were the Saleen catalog 4 lug speedlines (which are actually obtainable at a decent price, if you can find them)

Reactions: 1 user
They were good, so were the Saleen catalog 4 lug speedlines (which are actually obtainable at a decent price, if you can find them)
They don’t even make anything for an older Mustang anymore. If they were smart, they’d get back into Mustang wheels. I don’t even see anything for the new Stangs on their site. I got as far as picking Ford as the make, and then there were no choices for model.