got a set of tinted headlights....for free

DerekStangGT

My package is in the mail!
Feb 18, 2003
so i was at work yesterday and someone traded in an 04 V6 mustang. so i took the opportunity to grab it and do the Gold check inspection. i also took the opportunity to swap my yellowed headlights for the new tinted ones off teh 6. car had 24,xxx miles. im workin on some pics, but the new headlights look very very good. they look even better when theyre free

DropTopPony said:
sweet! i find great things in trade in cars all the time One of the best perks of car sales.
no joke man. one truck came in that was owned by a sheriff. he had an extra "sheriff's association" sticker in the glove box....so i slapped that bad boy on the stang. any help i can get!

We get alot of amp/subs and stuff like that. I tell them i am giving them more for it when they trade but i'm not...then i hook up the detail guys and mechanics so they take care of me later.
Nobody notices since most trades go to wholesalers.

DerekStangGT said:
youre a smart businessman. i wish my manager would hook it up somtimes
i don't tell the managers crap! they don't see anything so we don't tell them anything. All of my managers are salespeople who's ass i used to kick on the salesfloor. I have no interest in manager....i don't want a pay cut

Now my GSM is the man...i changed dealerships when he left because he is so good to work for. If he saw a trade with a booming system he would want his cut

what is your job title/what do you do?

97stang_guy said:
How much can you make doing car sales if your good at it? I wouldn't mind doing it on the side as a part time job. I work four 10 hour days so I have three days off.
I've been doing it about 4 years now. Its easy money but you have to have a good management team with good bonus plan in place to make money. My first year i made 50k....i worked hard getting myself out there and making my customers happy. Now i get lots of business from my other customers because i treated them well. 2nd year i made 90k and have not gone under that. You have good weeks and bad weeks. It all depends where you work etc. I started with a Dodge dealer who specialzed in bad credit etc but i sold 20 neons a month...most were not for alot of profit but with the unit bonus i made out. Used cars is where you make your bill money...if a car is traded in at a low price then the profit margin is much higher. Say you trade in a 04GT and the dealer gives them 12,000...now i sell it for 18,000 thats a 6,000 dollar deal for the company and i will get 1/3 of that 6k. Do a few nice used cars a month and dealing with the idiots buying new cars isn't so bad.