Greetings All! I'm a stang and performance car noob and have some general questions

Street707

May 4, 2018
Ukiah, CA
So I've always loved cars and started driving in 1998. I've owned mainly Hondas and currently drive a 2014 Accord Sedan V6. It's a great family sedan with decent power but I miss my manual and I believe i'm at a point in my life to get the car i really want. I want a current generation mustang gt. My buddy showed up to work the other day with a new 2018 GT350 and it's sparked my obsession once again.

When i think of my inexperience with high horsepower rear wheel drive cars i get nervous to be honest but i think that is because i've seen too many idiots hitting crowds online. I will push the car but like like a tool. I mean I also own a 2016 F150 Ecoboost sport but that's not on the same level as a stang. LOL So is the instability as extreme as i the idiots make it look or am i just being paranoid?

I'm also new to summer tires. I would want the gt performance package but not sure what i'll need come winter. Do you guys just swap out tires in the winter months? I mean it averages 40f - 50f here in the cold months and sometimes drops to 20f - 30f. It's also rainy in winter but never really snow. So would i get a really good all season performance tire and use it all year round or just swap out for a few months and go back to a summer tires in from may to october?

I commute 3 days a week about 125 miles a day so fuel is an issue but i'm not buying the car for fuel economy but wondering how i'll stack up. spend about $15 a day in my accord averaging 30mpg now and i'm assuming with a GT i'd be upward to $25-$30ish a day. sound right?

last question in this non-coherent ramble would be how is insurance? I mean it's sports car now right so i would expect what like an extra $50 a month from what i'm currently paying?

Thanks so much for any info i can get from you guys on these quick questions. I'm going to test drive later next week and am just going over numbers and answering questions in my own head as to not be totally uninformed before i talk to a sales guy.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks. I guess this kind of confirmed fuel economy to me.
The rest is up to your lead foot. It sounds like you'll be doing a lot of highway miles. The longer it spends on the highway, the better your mileage will be. You may discover that it's not all that different from your previous Honda because it makes a lot more torque with a lot less rpm. The 8 speed won't hurt you a bit either. :)

The rest is up to your lead foot. It sounds like you'll be doing a lot of highway miles. The longer it spends on the highway, the better your mileage will be. You may discover that it's not all that different from your previous Honda because it makes a lot more torque with a lot less rpm. The 8 speed won't hurt you a bit either. :)

So i went and test drove one yesterday and i loved it. #BecauseRaceCar lol. it was loaded too. 18' GT PP w/401a, Active Exhaust, Magna Ride Dampering and Shaker Pro. I started it up and my wife looked at me and was like OMG. I was like yeah. Anyway MSRP was $49,700. Car Gurus states that similar priced cars are going for $43,500 how accurate are those websites. I feel like negotiating true car pricing is tough because they always have some fee over invoice. I feel like the one i looked at might be too expensive and considering the same package on a base model with the 301a package instead of 401a. Love that 12" lcd but could save a lot of money with out it and without the leather seats. I wonder if you can just buy the 12" lcd display and have in integrated.