Greetings, I'm the new owner of a 95 cobra. It has 114xxx miles and is bone stock original.

csbarracuda

Jul 24, 2006
I thought it would be fun to make a run at the track to set a baseline. Then when my son and I make improvements we can run it to see the changes. I plan to drive it on the street so that's the limit for me to stay within bounds. The good thing is since it's a 95 there are no emissions inspection requirements. Say goodbye to the cats and smog pump! Where is the best place to buy a kit to remove the pump? And what does everything think I should do first?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not one to mess with a cobra, only because they are fairly unique and getting hard to find in decent shape, but your car, so lets start with suspension rebuild with up graded lower control arms, subframe connectors and making sure brakes are good. Then you move on to engine modifications. Get over to the 83-95 fox forums and post some pics of the cobra and let the members know what your running and what you want to do and they will give you some advice based on their experience.
bTW I have a 95 cobra convertible waiting for me to restore and update a little.
welcome to stangnet

Reactions: 1 user
I'm currently looking for exaust from the heads to the bumper. No cats, x pipe and long tubes. Tubular kmember, and clutch slave setup. Suspension etc.
20180119_080700.jpg

Are the codes bad for the computer to have? In Missouri where I live 95 and older cars only need a safety inspection. So no smog test. As long as it doesn't have any adverse affects for the computer I would think removing the emissions would be benificial to performance.

Are the codes bad for the computer to have? In Missouri where I live 95 and older cars only need a safety inspection. So no smog test. As long as it doesn't have any adverse affects for the computer I would think removing the emissions would be benificial to performance.
that was the old school way of thinking, the new cats flow so much better its crazy. Also your nose and eyes will thank you the car will not smell like fuel.