Greets all here... ^^

New member here, but always loved Mustangs.
First exposed to Fox bodies when my mother purchased a 1979 Mustang Ghia, and later that year seen a 1982 GT running around town, a v8 with 4 speed. After that, was hooked.
Fast forward to 2001, and drove to North Carolina from Pa. to meet my fiance. (Beautiful southern -belle blonde) Driving a Mercury Marquis wagon (1986 v6) I purchased for $100 dollars, and met my future wife. Married in 2003 and owned a 2000 v6 with 5 speed trans, great car.

Now in 2019, Im disability retired from driving trucks, and awaiting my SSDI retirement in the spring of 2020. Me and my wife just celebrated our 16th anniversary yesterday, shes my best friend.

While we were watching some Mustang Fox cruise videos, she said she liked the 1988-1993 GTs. I then asked what colours, and she liked either Deep Impact Blue, Grabber Blue, or Bullitt Green, and as long as it had a 5 speed manual in it.

I was already mulling over a dream project car of my own, either a 1962 Ford Fairlane with a transplanted Mustang GT engine and 5 speed as a cruiser. I had a Fairlane in mid 90's but my ex gf hated it. I loved it tho. Had a 221v8 with a 2 speed in it. Tried keeping it but the frame was too rotted so had to trade it in. or another Fox Body station wagon, like the car I met my wife in. Like a Fairmont, LTD II, Mercury Marquis, etc.

What does everyone think?

Firstly, I promised wife a new minivan when I get my backpay started, and then a second car as a toy for her.
So, choices are a 1988 Mustang GT repainted, a Foxbody wagon? Or a Fairlane with a modern engine and trans from a GT?

Please reply below, and if anyone has one of those cars above, let me know as I will be looking to buy in the spring of 2020.

Cheers and God Bless...

Kimono Gryphon <><
1 Corinthians 15 : 1-4

• Sponsors (?)

A Foxbody if you can find a good one. I was at the Publix yesterday and was looking thru the classis and semi-classic advertiser and out of one hundred pages there were very few. Maybe three at most. All were ten to fifteen grand . Its almost our turn. There was a special edition Volare for sixteen gtand.

Reactions: 1 user