Grinding Noise from the rear break and squeeling noise from the clutch area

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
Dammit seems like my car just falling apart the past few days :mad: I got back from a car show yesterday and noticed alot of bread dust on my rear passanger side rim and my back rims never get alot of break dust compared to the fronts. I took the car out for a spin and heard this ungawdly grinding noise comming from the rear pass side breaks, sounds just like metal on metal, any ideas on what thats? Locked up calipar perhaps :shrug: I really have no idea im not a break expert.

Also when my car is stoped like at a light and I turn my raido all the way down I can hear this squeeling noise and when I lightly put pressure on the clutch but not actually push it in it goes away. We just replaced the throw out berring when we did the clutch but could it be the piolt berring since we coudent get it out :shrug: we put enough greese on that mofo for it to last 100 yrs I dont see how it could have gone if it is the piolt berring, any ideas on what that could be :shrug:

wasent a good day :mad:

• Sponsors (?)

Check your pads that's what it sounds like, if it is metal on metal you will see the grooves in the rotor. When was the last time you changed them? It sounds like your bearing is shot also.

94SC50 said:
Check your pads that's what it sounds like, if it is metal on metal you will see the grooves in the rotor. When was the last time you changed them? It sounds like your bearing is shot also.

Im hoping it is just the pads, its been a few yrs since they were changed, prob like 3 yrs. It just sounded so bad I dident think it could be pads. Im going to be so :mad: if it is the piolt berring. Why does it have to go less then a month after we were just in there and replacing everything anyway.

Joys of modding a car......oh what fun

I talked w/ my friend chris the one thats help me do all the work on the car and he said that its the Throw out berring squeeking prob b/c the feelers on the clutch are touching it. Prob my clutch cable is streched out. Hes got a adjustible clutch cable but it came off is 91 LX, anyone know if that will work?

94SC50 said:
If you have an old cable that very may be your problem also. Try that, change your cable and get a quadrant and a firewall ajuster. You won't regret any of those mods. :nice:

Yeah Im going to go that route, hopefull that will fix it, the clutch has over 800 miles on it now and its still slipping, theres something more then it not being broken in thats causing it to slip.

generally wheel bearings will make a heckuva rumble when they go south.

on foxes, folks dial in some preload on the clutch cable to quiet TOB's. sounds like that might be what you want to try (they are supposed to have preload on them).

for your rear brake noise, have you tried listening to the noise at a given speed, then applying the e-brake (being safe and not on a public road and all that)? the noise should change when you hit the e-brake.

good luck.