grnhays

• Sponsors (?)

started the lx with the MS2 in control. Fired right up. The idle jumped to 2500 RPM, What the hell?!? I forgot to disconnect my MAF, oops:) Disconnected the MAF, then restarted. All was well for the most part. There was a slight surge in the idle, that got better over time. God bless, autotune!! After 10-15 min the car died, fired back up, died??? would someone kindly check the datalog and tell me if they can see anything, please?

Attachments

• first idle.msl
    848.6 KB · Views: 200
well some things need to be addressed. your sensors are all over the place, this could be due to not having them calibrated properly or that we need to adjust your lag factors under general settings. Next big issue is that your wide band is either wayyyy off or it is not calibrated or setup correctly. The Auto Tune function will just mess things all up if it cant read the wide band.

the car likely died on its own, your idle is very erratic.

Reactions: 1 user
I've addressed the WB issue. My issue was, I used a double barrel splicer, the didn't quite splice the wires. After actually splicing the wires together, all is well with the WB. The idle is getting there. I let autotune, do its thing for awhile. There still seems to be a small surge in idle, nothing to substantial though. Might have to adjust lag factors next. Here is a copy of the MSQ and the DL. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 3rd idle.msl
    2.4 MB · Views: 192
  • CurrentTune.msq
    109.1 KB · Views: 216
ok first you need to go into your idle control settings and change the idle advance settings. what you want to do is set the Apply As option to adder, as it sits now it is causing problems. looking at your timing during idle it is all over the place causing the idle to hunt, the easiest way to remedy this is to change the 1000 rpm column to 1200rpm. then make the timing in that column 19* from 85kpa down. on the 750rpm column do the same but use 16*. this should keep the timing from jumping around rapidly.

you also need to change your AFR table, the 87 kpa range and lower in the idle areas of the tune need to be at 13.4-13.6 you currently have them set to 14 and above..... this will cause the idle to be erratic as well engines don't like to idle that lean.

sorry I should have made these changes when I built the tables the first time.

Here is a copy of my tune for reference. keep in mind my timing tables are aggressive.

Attachments

• Stevens Tune 4-2-16.msq
    112.8 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
Thanks, Steve! I'll give these changes a try. Hopefully I'll have time to drive around, and Autotune my VE table 1 today.
Remember that large changes should be done manually.
Use the percentage method I told you for a refresher.........

Want 13.4 but have 11?
11/13.4= .82ish. So your VE table in that area is 18% too high..... to fix it.
VE table # (let's use 100)
100*.82= 82

Set the VE table in the rpm/kpa area in question to 82.... this should be dead on target.

Good luck.

So, I messed up, doh! I never verified the timing with the MS2. I ass-umed that, since the timing was verified with the A9L, all would be well. That's not the case. All the tweaks that were made to the MS2, were cattywampus, Being, my timing was off, SMH. Steve helped get my timing set up, Thanks again. I've got the surges again. Time to start over, well almost. Here is a copy of the msq and the datalog of the idle surge.

Attachments

• 8th idle.msl
    2.2 MB · Views: 237
  • CurrentTune.msq
    109.3 KB · Views: 343
wow that's bad lol let me make some adjustments to your tune. the warmup enrichment is way off. I changed a lot of stuff review it load it and try again.

Attachments

• Robs tune #2.msq
    109.2 KB · Views: 212