Handheld tuner recommendation

I just picked up an 03 GT. I believe it has 4:10 gears because my speedo is WAY off and it rips pretty good in the low end. I’m looking for a handheld tuner to recalibrate it, add a tune and be able to eliminate CEL if I go with catless x-pipe. I’ve read a lot of mixed reviews on bama tunes so what do you guys use? New to the mustang world. I know a dyno tune is best and will do that after I get a kenne belle SC. Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

Stay away from Bama. For gears you dont need a "tune". You can select the gear ratio on the handheld alone. SCT used to be the go-to handheld, but more and more tuners are not supporting SCT. Everyone local to me prefers HP Tuners (for when you dyno-tune)

This isn't going to help, as it's contradictory to what was just said....buuuut. I had my mechanic absolutely beg me to get a Bama tuner. At 400 bucks with lifetime tunes, it doesn't seem like a bad deal at all to me. I haven't actually been able to pull the trigger on it yet, but I can see no reason not to, if you have a few hundred bucks to spend on a tuner. My mechanic has one for his SUPER clean Rousch stang, and he swears by it.

This isn't going to help, as it's contradictory to what was just said....buuuut. I had my mechanic absolutely beg me to get a Bama tuner. At 400 bucks with lifetime tunes, it doesn't seem like a bad deal at all to me. I haven't actually been able to pull the trigger on it yet, but I can see no reason not to, if you have a few hundred bucks to spend on a tuner. My mechanic has one for his SUPER clean Rousch stang, and he swears by it.

Just FYI, a "BAMA tuner" is an SCT tuner preloaded with tunes from BAMA Performance. The tunes brom BAMA are the problem......they are complete :poo: usually cause more problems than anything else

I had no idea. Thank you. I will reconsider my options if I ever decide to buy one. Maybe if I do some more mods. Right now it's pretty mild and runs great. Only thing I think I can tune right now is maybe the transmission to make it a touch snappier when shifting. It's kinda lazy right now....just livin that auto life.