has anybody heard of Champion Fiberglass products, let me know

90gtguyman

Sep 17, 2004
hey just wrecked my 90 gt into a gaurd rail and the only thing that was damaged was my hood. im trying to find a hood for cheap and i think that i found this place call Champion fiberGlass products. here is a link to it and the hood i want http://www.championfiberglassproducts.com/mustang3.html im looking to get the 87-93 Cobra "R" SVO Hood. if anybody here has heard about this company let me know what you think about there stuff and how it fits.
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i have a 4" cowl hood from them on my car and i hate it. the molds are very poor quality. i paint cars every day so i know how to prep stuff and i had to work my ass of to get it to look half way decent. so if i had it to do again i would spend the extra 150 bucks and get an h.o. fibertrends hood they are the best i have seen. not to mention the hood to fender gap is was off. hope this help. jason

I have the 4" cowl & the cobra r on my gt & lx. I found for the money that the quality was good. Note: they are not a Cevinis but as for HO fibertrends---I seen them at a drag race not long ago--as well as Champion. Well, they were just as comparable for the quality--but Champion was better for the price. But if you have the money to spend---go with Cervinis. If not go with the Champion. Just to put my opinion out there.

I had a Cervini's on mine and I admit it was an excellent hood. Great finish and no prep work needed. I sold it (wanted a different style) and bought the Champion hood to replace it. Yes I saved some money by picking it up too. It required a little extra prep work but I swear to God it lines up better than my Cervini's did in the front. Nothing to do with alignment either or installation either, it just seemed to line up better, that's all.