Has anyone seen/used those "Voltage Stabilizers" that a lot of ricers are selling?

• Sponsors (?)

No i Know what he means...my friend picked one up for his sentra. I think he just connected it directly to the battery, and he told me it would increase torque. I don't know much about them though.

Synned said:
No i Know what he means...my friend picked one up for his sentra. I think he just connected it directly to the battery, and he told me it would increase torque. I don't know much about them though.
Thats the most assinine thing i ever heard. Let me spooge in your winshield washer bottle and see if you gain 30hp.

Just search for voltage stabilizer on ebaymotors and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. It's not specifically for the stereo. They sell these boxes that you hook up to your battery. (I'm assuming they are just a bunch of capacitors) They typically sell them with this grounding block and wires to add some grounds to your electrical system. They claim you get cleaner signals from your sensors going to you ECU so you get better, mileage, power, spark, etc. I was just wondering if anyone has or knows anyone who has one. It looks like a ploy to me, judging from the price ~$25 + shipping.

GToddyT5 said:
Just search for voltage stabilizer on ebaymotors and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. It's not specifically for the stereo. They sell these boxes that you hook up to your battery. (I'm assuming they are just a bunch of capacitors) They typically sell them with this grounding block and wires to add some grounds to your electrical system. They claim you get cleaner signals from your sensors going to you ECU so you get better, mileage, power, spark, etc. I was just wondering if anyone has or knows anyone who has one. It looks like a ploy to me, judging from the price ~$25 + shipping.
hell ill sell you something and claim it does the same thing ill even mark it free replacement but that dosent mean it will work like i say it will.

"hey I can take a dump in box and mark guaranteed if you want" Sorry, I couldn't resist. Are you talking about a grounding kit? They reinforce your engine grounds and they do smooth things out a bit, but not real power gains can be had from them.

GToddyT5 said:

Well the sensors work at 5 volts, and the voltage is regulated by the ECU so those things are as good as electric superchargers AND WILL NOT ADD POWER, just stupid weight and waste of cash!

****ing ricers are so freaking stupid

No you don't need a 30$ box to add grounds. It would not hurt to add a new ground from the engine to the body and make sure the ECU ground is secured.

Voltage regulator good for sound systems with big freaky subs.

Hm... "super earth grounding cable". Nice... and it stores electricity... nice.

Looks like they want to sell you a ground cable + capacitor. I guess for $30 and $30 shipping it might be cheaper than replacing your voltage regulator... on a lotus.

BUT.. item #190047772533 has a nice graph of horsepower... looks like a 7.5hp gain at 7500rpm. To bad /w the device on you get no hp under 2750rpm. That's where I do a lot of my driving. I ALMOST bought
one.

Hm... that graph shows 30hp at 2500rpm.

ive seen a lot of sensor signals on a bunch of different cars and the only ones ive ever seen that are bad are the ones on the half cars at my school that are all hacked up and wires missing and the car barely runs. a sensor is gonna work properly as long as the ecu has a good ground since thats where most of the sensors get their ground anyways.

Boss 351 said:
No you don't need a 30$ box to add grounds.
I know. The reason I ask is because I'm having intermittent electrical problems. My rear-mounted battery is only grounded in one spot and I'm not sure of the condition of my engine ground. So I'm considering adding more, but want to make sure it should make a difference.

The fact that you mention in the Title of this thread that ricers are selling them, renders the entire question as null. The turbonator probably does more for your car than a voltage stabilizer... :rolleyes: