Have the Ford Motorsport 5 lug kit (but drum brakes) info needed to convert to disc?

Boss 351

Here sthhhhhhhheeeve take a picthh of my man flowe
Jul 13, 2003
Canada
Hi, thanks for looking.

As the subject says, I have the Ford Racing M-1126-A 5-Lug Rear Drum/Axle Kit-28T. Front has the 87+ spindle and Mark VII rotor/caliper.

My question is:

How do I upgrade the rear to disc brakes, can I reuse the axles, can it be as easy as adding plates, discs and calipers? Can the M-2300-M kit fit the fox 8.8 with the M-1126-A axles?

For the front, I want to get SN95 spindles and the big brake upgrade... But my main concern is the rear, I hate the look of drum brakes...

• Sponsors (?)

You have two options....well 3 if you wanted to get SN95 94-98 axles

#1) Get the M-2300-M kit, and modify the axle flange to use the fox-lenght axles. This involves cutting the flange and mounting it on the backside. There is a good tech thread i can send if you are interested

#2) Buy the M-2300-M kit and sell the axle brackets. You can prob get $50-75 for them on ebay. Then, purchase aftermarke brackets from north race cars for Cobra rear disks

North Racecars Brake Solutions

Them it would be the same as any other Sn95 brake job. You'll need e-brake hardware, calipers, mc, booster, 3-2 kit, prop valve, etc etc.