Headlights? - An Other Stuff that's [not] Headlights

Sorry I haven't been updating everyone on the build (been busy with work). I have made some progress since I last posted and wanted to put up some pictures and update everyone. I have finished the "dynamat" and working on suspension, I went with strange adjustable shocks/struts and some 1'' lowering springs I have installed the rear already and here are a couple pictures of the fronts. Hoping to put them on today after we close.
mustang 27.jpg
mustang 28.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I have made some progress on the car and have been busy with work but long story short this car has taken an extreme change in direction. The car will now be LS powered and turbo charged. If anyone here has experience with this I am needing some information on shifter options. I am changing the trans out to a 4l80e and the engine out to a lq4 with a 78/75 turbo. Does anyone have any information on this process that might be useful? I have ordered a ton of parts for it and will get some pictures up soon. One issue I cannot find a lot of information on here or elsewhere is on the shifter. Does anyone know which shifter works good for this application and set up? ANY information will be much appreciated! I will update you guys with pictures and stuff shortly. Thanks!

Well, you may find your subscription rate go up. And of course the lack of positive advice would be scarce, I think nobody would 'kick you out' for it.
Hell, we have a member doing a 2J install in a 78 fairmount something or other,
Just don't try to convince us that it will make your fox faster just because it has a brand x engine in it.

There is someone here that has done an LS swap with turbo. Full custom stuff.

No one cares what engine is in it....well...I don't. Just document it all here and we'll keep watching. There are a bunch of things that will still be relevant. The body is still a fox...with fox issues.

not a fan so never bothered to learn the ins and outs of the swap process but helped my little brother a little with his lq4/th400 low mile 89 coupe swap. He did it just to be different and regretted it afterwards lol because everyone started doing them. We had to swap to a caddy oil pan, camaro front accessories, expensive head studs and the flaming river steering shaft clearance was terrible. We swapped to camaro/vette headers which helped some but ended up with custom to cure the issue 100%. The motor mounts need to be changed obviously, we did a tub k member as well. Then there's the harness and engine management aspect of the build depending on which way your going.

Is there a special wire separator kit you guys use on plug wires? I bought several generic separators and just cant seem to get it to my liking. I have never had this much trouble separating plug wires and getting them in order. The wires I bought do seem a little long that could be the issue I am having. I was just curious. Thanks!
Make sure you dynomat the ceiling. It gets rid of the tin sound when shutting the door and is a very easy process.
20190730_220444.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I have completely insulated the car with dynamat already. I am going turbo so hopefully headers should be resolved by the turbo kit I am buying specifically for ls swapped fox bodys. The engine management will be done through hp tuners. What type of shifter did he use for the 400?