Progress Thread Finally got a new truck

Got it straightened out! The front end had to come over about a 1/4 inch. Hood shuts like butter.
EBD8B802-21BA-49DC-823B-6BBD71943A3E.jpeg
EE7D64FB-6F66-4386-97CA-18D221907133.jpeg
29C77A42-F026-4194-BCEF-59E86F43B012.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Nice man!! Can’t wakt to see it finished up and glossy clean white. Just need some glossy black wheels with a touch of brushed lips and got damn that things will be nasty. Digging it bro wish I could do all of this to mine. Is your passenger fog tucked in more or is it the angle.
I think it’s the angle, but I’ll check that out now that you mention it. Maybe it got bumped.

Nice man!! Can’t wakt to see it finished up and glossy clean white. Just need some glossy black wheels with a touch of brushed lips and got damn that things will be nasty. Digging it bro wish I could do all of this to mine. Is your passenger fog tucked in more or is it the angle.

It doesn’t look like your car needs a paint job Devil!

Your car looks killer

So I went to the shop this morning to do some more body work. I have everything done except for the driver door. I’m going to have to hammer some high spots down and probably put a skim coat of filler from about halfway to the back of door. Like I said, the doors were probably the worst part of the car, especially the drivers door. The quarters just had for dings in them. I also got the sail panels where the quarter meets the roof blocked and straightened. They were pretty bulged out. I’ve got to work on the dent at the front of the left quarter a little more. I’ll complete the body work early next week and get in primer, hopefully. The PDR guy I know is coming over Monday to pull the dents out of my roof. So I got a lot done this week, majority of the body work is done and the front structure is straightened out. So that’s it for this week.
112406D8-7311-43F2-87AC-4C3169E8CB4C.jpeg
3C92FE6A-D2E4-4D5A-B3FE-079FF640FCC1.jpeg
CB3A622A-3A5A-411E-B5ED-EC2EC6B07A60.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
My ROH’s were plasty dipped black when I bought em. I’m not a fan of black wheels. They kinda disappear on a car I think.
8B46021E-8FE6-4F64-83AC-94EF33FAE70C.jpeg
Yeah all black wheels I’m not a fan of bc they turn into a black hole. Ive never messed with this plasti dip stuff but, I bet if they had only dipped the star part and left the lips brushed it would have looked much better. I’m getting some custom emblems and wheel caps. Rendered up black and brushed style and the black ones looked cool but then I PS’d them and the black ones turned the wheel to black. I like the contrast with the brushed. Just waiting to get everything in.

Yeah, they may look ok black with the polished lip. I think I’m going to leave em thiugh. I do need to polish the lip still. Come to think if it, I need rear tires, bad! Almost unsafe to drive bad. The tires were on those wheels when I bought em. Too bad, tread is good they are just cracking and dry rotted.

I’ve never messed with it either. My son plasty dipped his wheels black on his old 04 GT, I’m not a fan of it. I think of teenagers when I hear plasty dip.

I know this is off track.

So while my Mustang is sitting at work, I finally got around to buff and polish the family truckster. It’s a 13 and I don’t think it’s ever been polished and waxed, it least since I’ve had it, about a year and a half.

78D844E6-D5A0-4A15-9F89-9343626FFFD5.jpeg

My Tacoma is next, maybe next Sunday.

Reactions: 1 user
Dailies need some love once in a while!!
Yep, they do Dub. I’ve had the Tacoma since 03. It had 30k on it when I got it, now it has 210k. That truck hasn’t needed anything except a timing belt and brake pads every once in a while. Oil changes of coarse. It is due for another timing belt. :notnice:

Yep, they do Dub. I’ve had the Tacoma since 03. It had 30k on it when I got it, now it has 210k. That truck hasn’t needed anything except a timing belt and brake pads every once in a while. Oil changes of coarse. It is due for another timing belt. :notnice:

I’m running an ‘02 F150. Was real good to me until a few months ago when the tranny let go. :( Only 98k miles, but it’s all around town, stop and go, and 8 miles round trip to work. Other than that, don’t beat on it one bit. Anyway, $2500 later to get that rebuilt, she’ll be with me a while longer!! I take pride in making them last, and get a lot of compliments and disbelief it’s 17 years old..........and no monthly payment helps me justify spending money on the Mustang!

Reactions: 1 user
I’m with you. I would like to get a new truck but I already have a payment on the Honda Pilot which is reasonable. My Tacoma is so damn reliable I would hate to get rid of it. Plus I’ve had it so long l, I’ve got attached to it. Damn good truck.

Reactions: 1 users
So I meant to ask this earlier. Why doesn’t my car have front door speakers? Obviously it didn’t come with them from the factory because the water barrier is still intact there. Wierd.
301389B4-2AD2-4BB9-B9C2-8FD891EF9E3F.jpeg

I’m with you. I would like to get a new truck but I already have a payment on the Honda Pilot which is reasonable. My Tacoma is so damn reliable I would hate to get rid of it. Plus I’ve had it so long l, I’ve got attached to it. Damn good truck.

Same here, but $40-50k for something descent is nuts. Even the new Ford Ranger can hit $40k. We just replaced my wife’s ‘04 Escape with a Cherokee, so that payment is enough for now. I just cross my fingers nothing else major comes along on the f150.