Progress Thread Finally got a new truck

• Sponsors (?)

Bypass hoses, is that the one off the thermostat? Im at work at cant look at the car.
8183E041-F7EC-4D1E-8FB6-0E43EAC460CB.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep checked RockAuto and I can get the upper, lower hoses, thermostat and gasket for about $50.00 Most of it is listed as Motorcraft parts as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
So this is the front of my car. All the paint on it is original except for the front bumper. The car was involved in a minor accident at some point before I bought it. The front bumper cover was replaced and it wasn’t prepped properly as you can see from the picture. The rad support was pushed over to the left about a 1/8 to 1/4 of and inch. The paint on the hood and fenders is peeling or delaminating but the rest of the car looks good. All my vin stickers are in place except for the front cover. So, I’m going to pull off the fenders, bumper and hood and have those painted, and while that’s getting done we are going to measure and straighten the front structure. I’ve had the car 2-3 years and can’t stand the front end anymore. I got the green light from my boss to bring it to work and work on it. I can’t wait and will post progress pics over the next few weeks. The picture below was taken yesterday afternoon.
3406AD49-5BA0-4B42-A0B2-BF4FE77B6E03.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users
So this is the front of my car. All the paint on it is original except for the front bumper. The car was involved in a minor accident at some point before I bought it. The front bumper cover was replaced and it wasn’t prepped properly as you can see from the picture. The rad support was pushed over to the left about a 1/8 to 1/4 of and inch. The paint on the hood and fenders is peeling or delaminating but the rest of the car looks good. All my vin stickers are in place except for the front cover. So, I’m going to pull off the fenders, bumper and hood and have those painted, and while that’s getting done we are going to measure and straighten the front structure. I’ve had the car 2-3 years and can’t stand the front end anymore. I got the green light from my boss to bring it to work and work on it. I can’t wait and will post progress pics over the next few weeks. The picture below was taken yesterday afternoon.
3406AD49-5BA0-4B42-A0B2-BF4FE77B6E03.jpeg

That’s awesome, I can’t wait to see the progress on this. I’m sucker for these white GTs. I fired mine up for the first time yesterday since I put it away. Nasty belt squeak so I ordered a new one. The weather finally took a turn toward spring in MA today. Sunny and 48*. Great mustang weather but there is still too much road salt out. I’m chomping at the bit.

Reactions: 1 user
That’s awesome, I can’t wait to see the progress on this. I’m sucker for these white GTs. I fired mine up for the first time yesterday since I put it away. Nasty belt squeak so I ordered a new one. The weather finally took a turn toward spring in MA today. Sunny and 48*. Great mustang weather but there is still too much road salt out. I’m chomping at the bit.

Yeah man, I haven't driven mine much the last few months. Here and there a little bit. I live about 20 miles from work so this morning was a good drive. After I got to work it started raining a little bit. So its sitting outside getting rained on. :nonono: Not to bad, the rain isnt not supposed to last.

it's the same %5 everyone can get... just google rockauto discount on the old interwebs...
Yes but they are a sponsor here and we get brownie points when members state where they heard it from. I jave been buying stuff from them for so long I get a discount because I'm on the mailing list and get notifications on closeouts.
i always recommend shopping our vendors :nice:

Reactions: 1 user
Yes but they are a sponsor here and we get brownie points when members state where they heard it from. I jave been buying stuff from them for so long I get a discount because I'm on the mailing list and get notifications on closeouts.
i always recommend shopping our vendors :nice:
Used the rock auto code last week. Used the AM code last night lol