Progress Thread Finally got a new truck

• Sponsors (?)

So I was pulling my car out of the body shop this morning and my boss walked up to look at what I had done last night. He was like, "Why are you painting just the front of the car?" Meaning the hood, fenders and bumper. I said, "I really don't have the extra money to do the rest." Meaning, paint materials. The areas around the windshield frame have chips and the roof could use some new paint, again, mainly chips, kind of like the hood was, just not as bad. The rest of the car has minor chips and scratches which really don't bother me to much, I was just going to touch them up. He said, "The freaking (edit) car is already here at the shop, already almost half way taken apart, why are you not going to do the rest of the freaking (edit) car?! Get the freaking (edit) thing ready for paint and finish the freaking (edit) thing!!" Again, I told him I didn't have the extra money for the materials, and he said don't worry about it. So it looks like I will be doing the rest of it, doing some minor body work and prepping the rest of the car. I'm still on the fence as far as painting it myself, I might just have our painter spray it when the time comes. I'm no painter, but I can do the disassembly and reassembly all day long and I can do the body work it needs.

Ill take some pics of what I'm talking about this morning.

So, looks like I have a lot more on my plate now. :crazy:

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
I have my original 5.0 emblems as well on my shelf.

I was thinking of a set of flat black '15+ emblems. They look a bit more modern

I was thinking about getting the black original style emblems, I have an extra one in my parts box. Maybe that'll be my test dummy. I like the way the older ones look for some reason.

Yeah I cant pass up that deal. Free materials?? Cmon. That alone would probably cost me $1500. All it is going to cost me is my time, but I enjoy doing this kind of thing. The good thing is, the car doesn't need much. A little detrim, some body work and some feathering, priming, and..................................

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Getting the fenders ready for primer. I have a little bit more work to do to the bumper so I won’t prime that now, plus I have time and it’s plastic so no rush. So I’m going to prime the metal parts so they don’t start to rust in the meantime. I’m hoping to have the pulls on the front end done sometime this week so I can mount the fenders back on the car. I’m pretty much just going to tackle one panel at a time. Keeping the vin stickers is critical for me so I taped them off, even though you can barely read em.

6178F54A-1BBB-4A7A-B5F9-7A2D08D1A074.jpeg
5BF85217-E940-4040-9FEE-CEFAB8EC92A2.jpeg
EC9605ED-591C-427B-8601-A5B5E36103C5.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You are right Dave-but I dislike it-so I used his Original name lol
That don't make no sense.
If you're trying to flag me, you'll never get my attention using a screen name that I "Used" to have.

The CMA screen name makes sense..

Michaelangelo was a guy who laid on his back for 4 years, and painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. It was his masterpiece.
Sistina-interno.jpg

While it wasn't solely on my back, it took me 4 years to build the Monster...it is MY masterpiece.

So,.....I'm a Car-Michaelangelo.:rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user
That don't make no sense.
If you're trying to flag me, you'll never get my attention using a screen name that I "Used" to have.

The CMA screen name makes sense..

Michaelangelo was a guy who laid on his back for 4 years, and painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. It was his masterpiece.
Sistina-interno.jpg

While it wasn't solely on my back, it took me 4 years to build the Monster...it is MY masterpiece.

So,.....I'm a Car-Michaelangelo.:rolleyes:
Meh-I knew intentionally using the wrong name while tagging others correctly would get you brought in :jester: