Progress Thread Finally got a new truck

• Sponsors (?)

So I'm going to be pulling the quarter glasses out today after work. Kinda sketchy! Theres no way Im going to paint the car with them in. I wish I could! I know that once the bolts are removed you slowly work the glass out pulling from the bottom. Anyone else have any advice on what not to do?

Whew..!!! Quarter glasses are out! I was dreading pulling these things out but they weren’t to bad. I was able to loosen the interior trim panels enough to gain access to the 9 nuts that hold them in. I didn’t have to pull the rears seats out either. I used a heat gun to warm up the butyl tape from the inside and pulled them out from the bottom of the glass. I’m waiting for the frame tech to square up the front end still, and hoping to get the PDR guy over here this week to pull the hail dents from the roof. After the front end is pulled I’ll mount my fenders back on the car and finish up the bodywork on the doors and quarters then start prepping for paint.

269DEF5D-8163-40C4-9CF4-C61E1DD72062.jpeg
178A078A-06BA-4D8B-958E-6A2AD04B0A48.jpeg
5FD68985-B799-46B5-9382-44878967AA59.jpeg
CBA98E8F-20EF-4162-8F5E-8C9779D884F8.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users
So I got one door done. The doors are probably the panels that will take the most work, and they really aren’t that bad. There are a few waves, a couple door dings and that’s about it. I blocked them in 180 then finished the light skim coats of filler in 120. The quarters should go pretty quick, there is just a couple dents in the panels. The drivers door is a little worse off then the passenger door. Man, it’s been a while since I did body work, being an estimator here at the shop I don’t get to do much of it. I’ve been around body shops almost my whole life. When I first got into the trade body work is what I was doing. I miss it. I was really looking forward to getting to this stage. Now prepping and masking cars for paint...That SUCKS!!

AEAA4EB6-60E4-4869-8954-F87CDA5FF06A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Nice man!! Can’t wakt to see it finished up and glossy clean white. Just need some glossy black wheels with a touch of brushed lips and got damn that things will be nasty. Digging it bro wish I could do all of this to mine. Is your passenger fog tucked in more or is it the angle.

No, no, no. The black wheel on white fox body needs to be dead and buried. Besides, he has those awesome ROHs

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users