Progress Thread Finally got a new truck

The black on the hood is guide coat. I had a few small waves in the hood that will block out with the amount of primer on the hood.

• Sponsors (?)

Right On! Spraying!
It was almost all one color for a moment .

Do we really have to block it for a whole week, isn't once or twice enough?
Well Ok, I really want it to look really good when its done.:rolleyes::D

Got a block that primer before you seal it and paint it. It’s good to let it sit at least a couple days before you block it. Plus I have all my bumpers and ground effects and I got to start my quarter glasses anyways. And I’m still waiting on the PDR guy

Reactions: 1 users
Right On! Spraying!
It was almost all one color for a moment .

Do we really have to block it for a whole week, isn't once or twice enough?
Well Ok, I really want it to look really good when its done.:rolleyes::D

It wont take a week to block it. Maybe a couple evenings after work. Im going to wrap up the repairs on my bumpers and ground effects after work today and hopefully get those primed tomorrow. Im starting to get held up by my PDR guy. If he would have gotten over here, I would of had the roof and hatch in primer as well. Good thing ive got other things I can do for a day or two, but its starting to come down to the wire with him. The deal we worked out for the work was a big ol bottle of Grey Goose, if hes not going to show up in the next day or two that bottle is going into my bar at home and ill have to come up with plan "B."

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I drove over to work this morning to wrap up the prep on all my grounds effects, bumpers and spoiler. The parts will be ready for primer before I leave. I’m am not a painter so the painter that works here at the shop will prime those next week. The there was a spot on the spoiler that needed a little filler. If I have enough time today I’ll start reconditioning the quarter glasses. :oops: Kinda nervous about those...
62BDB068-3018-41FB-9152-A5CFF9C63B67.jpeg
7FADDEB8-472C-4E00-A840-2EFCA6AF4F10.jpeg

So I sanded the quarter glass moldings with 180 on a DA and, sprayed some adhesion promoter on the moldings and used a two part plastic bumper cover repair material on them. It’s flexable when it dries. That sht dries in 7 minutes so you have to work pretty fast. I’m going to let these dry all weekend and finish up the glasses next week. Done working on the car for today.
559A0BF8-01D8-49EA-ABA1-8C5D528D0466.jpeg
E95C0028-CB77-4E90-9743-6149A7D65C0F.jpeg

Last edited:
This is going to be a nicely detailed paint job.
That rear window trim looks hard to do, Wtf no replacement for that? I guess it is beyond the old painters trick of wiping it with black paint.

Better to do it than end up with the Mustang 'Coupe Delivery"

IMG_20160916_183718280.jpg

• Surprised
They are encapsulated glasses, meaning the glass and molding are one piece. They sell cheap ass covers the go over the trim but those aren’t my style.

I’m going to sand down that repair material flat, couple coats of primer, more sanding and then paint them with black trim paint

I finally had a chance to catch up Blake.

Funny how things explode into so much more than initially intended, huh?:stick:

It sure will look sweet though.

So I think the PDR “friend” of mine isn’t going to hold up his end of the bargain. I think I’m going to have to repair my roof. Not really what I wanted to do. I really didn’t want to do any body work up there. I was looking at it again after work and it’s not to bad. We’ll see.

I have to finish up those quarter glasses this week. I’m going to start sanding down those moldings tomorrow after work, most likely. I was hoping to have those dents pulled by this stage. I wouldn’t of had to do anything up on the roof except sand it and paint it. But, if I have to do body work I’ll have a $50 bottle of Grey Goose to stash in my bar.

Your car is coming along nicely. The plastics look great. Sucks about your PDR guy, but sounded like he was d*cking you around for a while.

I have had the itch for a car like your son’s ever since I sold my ‘11 GT. It was awesome hopping into that car with great power, fuel economy, cold AC and beautiful style. I miss it, and love the ‘15+ models even more. They are so solidly made. But I have a daughter that requires the daycare payment that used to pay for that car, so I’ll keep piddling with the Fox until it someday resembles a $40k car...