Engine Help! Coolant Leak 89 Mustang GT. Video of leak on youtube. Head Gasket?

• Sponsors (?)

Which side of the block is it on? Few things could be going on-blown out freeze plug, busted heater hose, or even a lifted cylinder head ,intake etc. Probably wouldn’t hurt to get a pressure tester and mirror to see what you can see before you start pulling it apart

That's a huge as* leak. If the head lifted or gasket blew then youll have water in the cylinder and oil.pull plugs , check oil.

I have better pictures of the leak.

Attachments

• Leakcloseupfinal.PNG
    Leakcloseupfinal.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 117
  • Leakoverviewfinal.PNG
    Leakoverviewfinal.PNG
    5.1 MB · Views: 134
Check above at the back of intake , it might be running down to were you see it leaking. If not and it's coming from the head then you know what.

AFR 165 don't have freeze plugs...I don't think. The lower back corners of the lower intake could leak coolant past the gasket. There are freeze plugs under the headers on both sides of the block. There's also on in the back of the engine between the engine and transmission. The lower head bolts go into coolant ports. If one of those loosened up it could leak coolant.

Keep us posted.

I would use a pressure tester to see if you can see where it’s coming from. I would also use a “block tester” for checking for combustion gasses in the cooling system (head gasket). Both of these can be rented at most auto parts stores.