Help identifying an unconnected wiring harness under steering wheel.

jmadams

Jun 7, 2010
There is a not- square/rectangular wiring harness that I do not see connected to anything and cannot tell where it goes. It splits off of two other hardnesses that go directly into the steering column, but I cannot find a connector this fits into. Any help would be appreciaated!
PXL_20210704_160616164.jpg
PXL_20210704_160623332.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sponsors (?)

Does yor car have an automatic transmission? That might be for the Neutral Safety Switch, which is only on manual transmission cars. Ford tried to save money by having one dashboard setup for all its 94-95 cars. This is why the V8 cars have an OBD2 connector under the dash - Ford sells a lot more V6's than GT's or Cobras. If everything is working fine, I wouldn't worry about the connector. If it's not for the Neutral Safety Switch, it's probably used for something your car didn't come with.

Its a manual. I just did a dash swap, and I must have missed some connection somewhere because the ebrake indicator light doesnt work anymore which is keeping me from using my convertible top.

As I told you in your other post, it is for the illumination for the automatic shifter (illuminates the PRNDL), in your case, not needed.