help needed

bellswf

May 20, 2019
townvill,sc
whats up everybody, im needing some help with my unicorn..lol.. its a 1995 5.0 i put megasquirt pnp2 in it and im looking for timing table that can help with performance. it has trick flow track heat intake, 24lb injectors, f cam, long tube headers, aluminum heads.. i have a table now, but ive heard im not timed high enough. highest timing cell on entire table is around 31 degrees..thanks for any help in advance

• Sponsors (?)

Tell me a little more about the engine.

I will be honest, you dont just need an ignition table.. the AFR and VE tables both look rough. How have you been tuning the car? just autotune? what kind of WB O2 are you running?

a guy a know helped to get car going after i installed the megasquirt. before ms, the car wouldn't idle. it would either surge or drop too low rpm and stall. ive finally got it drivable, idles around 1000 rpm, no stalling or surging after coolant reads around 145 degrees. no, i tried the autotune and car doesnt like. . bbk 70 power plus throttle body, not sure about the distributor, it was put in before i bought the car, looks to be billit but not sure if brand due to it not having any id numbers.. smog pump deleted, egr deleted,.something i have knoticed is my iat sensor gets to reading high numbers. its been relocated but cant figure that

oh, i dont have access to a dyno, so its just being tunes while driving. iv basically tried to go thru and made so i dont lean out or run to rich in most of the areas that i can get to while driving it on the interstate

Yeah thats fine, the auto tune is not working because your AFR table is off.. many things reference that table. I would also turn 'include AFR target' on in the general settings.

Then you will need to start the tuning process over from the beginning.

I dont tune anything on the dyno, I do alot of remote tuning for guys like yourself and its all done on the street or at the track.

I will let you know what i think after I see a datalog.

alright bud, heres this mornings log from cold to warm before i drove out the yard. idle chills out on the isolating after around 180degrees. i drove it around the block then got on the main road for about a mile or so. it runs decent, but im thinking it has a little more. is built for torque not really hp

Attachments

• cold start.msl
    3.7 MB · Views: 83
Well she idles high but pulls good vacuum at idle, the AFR is very rough in the cruise areas of the tune and the IGN curve is pretty weak.

This wont be hard to fix, but the underlying issue is a lack of understanding on some of the settings. You seem to have a pretty good handle on the basics but the how and why things work together needs to be addressed.

Well she idles high but pulls good vacuum at idle, the AFR is very rough in the cruise areas of the tune and the IGN curve is pretty weak.

This wont be hard to fix, but the underlying issue is a lack of understanding on some of the settings. You seem to have a pretty good handle on the basics but the how and why things work together needs to be addressed.

heck yea thanks, its been a process for sure. after it got to where i could drive it, i kinda slowed down on any tuning to it. cause i dont know much about tuning for power. lol. i guess in a since i kinda dumbed it to be drivable without causing any damage. the only fuel i run in it is non ethanol 93. yea ive did as much as i know how to, thats why im reaching out to stang community

The one from Dakota Digital I assume...Those are quite nice pieces as well.
i cant remember the manufacturer, but i bought it from summit racing. but i had to do a warranty exchange about a week after i installed. somehow the left blinker shorted out and was draining my battery very quickly. but after i installed the exchanged one it works alright. but like i said i would have much rather have one that works in compatibility with my mspnp2.

i cant remember the manufacturer, but i bought it from summit racing. but i had to do a warranty exchange about a week after i installed. somehow the left blinker shorted out and was draining my battery very quickly. but after i installed the exchanged one it works alright. but like i said i would have much rather have one that works in compatibility with my mspnp2.

Im around if you decide to go a different route. Just PM me