Help Please!

Blue2v

Sep 27, 2019
DeFuniak Springs, Florida
I have a 1998 Ford Mustang Gt with a PI engine and a couple bolt ons. I had a no start issue and checked everything. Fuel pressure is at the Schrader valve, and I have spark. It cranks but doesn’t start. The theft light was flashing so I thought I would take my sct tuner and get pats disabled. I flashed the tune on the car, and now it does the same thing, with a code P0602 stored in the dtc which states there is a pcm programming error. I just ordered a forscan usb and was wondering if anyone had any idea what to try once I get the ForScan?

• Sponsors(?)

mcqueen317

Nov 17, 2020
indiana
I have a 1998 Ford Mustang Gt with a PI engine and a couple bolt ons. I had a no start issue and checked everything. Fuel pressure is at the Schrader valve, and I have spark. It cranks but doesn’t start. The theft light was flashing so I thought I would take my sct tuner and get pats disabled. I flashed the tune on the car, and now it does the same thing, with a code P0602 stored in the dtc which states there is a pcm programming error. I just ordered a forscan usb and was wondering if anyone had any idea what to try once I get the ForScan?
did you end up fixing? my 2001 cobra is doing this same thing and has the same code!

7991LXnSHO

wanna catch the space herp
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
Kearney, NE
So when did Ford start that BS policy? I bet they will work on trade ins older than that.

There are many how to videos online to get you going.

Here is a mail in service.

Here is even a reworked ECU.
The ECU Exchange on EBay probably has better prices if you need repair, and I bet reflashing is a part of a newer ECU repair.

Reactions: 1 user

Blue2v

Sep 27, 2019
DeFuniak Springs, Florida
So when did Ford start that BS policy? I bet they will work on trade ins older than that.

There are many how to videos online to get you going.

Here is a mail in service.

Here is even a reworked ECU.
The ECU Exchange on EBay probably has better prices if you need repair, and I bet reflashing is a part of a newer ECU repair.
Honestly I have no idea when they started this policy but I called at least 6 dealerships in Florida and they all said the same. But thank you for the information this is what I’ve been needing!

7991LXnSHO

wanna catch the space herp
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
Kearney, NE
I am glad I could help. There has to be tuners closer, but if they will make time in between imports, who knows.