Help: Question About Police Inteceptor !

Rylee88

Feb 6, 2017
Hi Folks , I'm new here so go easy on me :) ,I have an 2008 Police interceptor ford crown vic , All the instrument cluster warning lights came on , I finally got them to go off ,But hers the problem ,, When they were on I could unhook the battery and they would go off ,but when I would drive it like 20 miles they would come back on , Now sometimes when they were on you could press the accelerator and it would not respond ,not even go ,it would idle fine but when you pressed the acceralator it wouldn't do anything just sit there ! So I bought a used pcm and put on it haven't had the problem since ,,Just have drove it just a little over a 100 miles after I replaced the pcm no problems whatsoever ,,, I need this car safe for my family to go off in ,,So My question is what do you car guys say ,,Would it be ok to continue driving or do I maybe need to replace the throttle position sensor ,, The obd code reader shows no codes stored ,,Ok hit me with your best shot ,, Thanks
Rylee

• Sponsors (?)

Just to clarify, after the pcm change the problem stopped? And you have driven it 100 miles with no problems? If that is the case I would think it would be alright. I may have misread your post so correct me if I'm wrong.

You can always drive it a bit longer to make sure. I would feel the same as you. Wife and normally three of our children with her.

Reactions: 1 user
It is a Mustang site.. That has a sub category for 'Other auto' posts/questions.
This way, Mustang specific tech/posts/questions won't be deluted by non site specific topics.
Also why the site has sections that are not solely Mustang based. The off topic section/ squeaky wheel/ Talk etc