Hey everybody, proud to be here, I have an 86 GT 5.0 Ruff, Ruff rough. drive train good, body looks like Hell.

I'm having Fp problems. Relay works and engine runs when jumpered from test connector to ground but won't switch to ground KOER. been testing grounds and they all show a little over 1 to 1.5 ohms. is that enough to cause this condition? can I check FP resistance at the Pump connector at the rear of car? Getting 12 volts everywhere I should at relay inc, prime circuit. still no ground at pin 22. If I can run codes, is it safe to say my computer is good? Manual trans

• Sponsors (?)

So you tested for ground at pin 22 at the computer and it doesn't switch to ground for a couple seconds when key is turned to run ?

There's a connector behind the drivers kick panel area that causes issues sometimes. What codes are you getting ? I think 96, 95, and 87 deal with the FP.

What is the issue you are trying to diagnose? Is your fuel pump not running properly on its own? If so, as said above, I would check the connector in the driver side kick panel. I had this issue. I thought it was a bad FP relay, changed it and still periodically quit. I found the pin in the connector that the fuel pump power went through was a loose fit. I tightened up the connection and no problems since.

Thanks I'll check that out ! I had heard something refering to that vaguely earlier but theyy called a mystory connecter 'and aat that point I wasn't ready to go gohst hunting , but now I sure am! I'll let you know what i find out there.
I also think I might have stumbled on something when I was stating that I was getting a b+ reading at the connector with KOEO between pin 22 and Switched power. I never did see the 2 second prime, Always hot in start or run mode. Could that be an ignition switch issue causing the #19 monitor wire to pin to be shutting me down?

The isssue was that My relay was working from test connector to body ground but not using ecm controled wire. but I could get B+ from ecm #22 to switched power wire R/blk KOEO never did see 2 second prime voltage though starting or running modes. Could that be an ign sw issue?