Hey everyone

I thought I would do a formal hello in case anyone has missed the thread that I first participated in.

I just moved to Vancouver, WA a few months ago and have been looking to meet some car guys since then. I haven't had any luck, but apparently there are quite a few local guys hanging out in this forum. So I guess I'll make this my new home instead of the other Mustang forums I've been a part of...

So what does everyone do around the Portland area? Are there quite a few meets and get-togethers? I'd like to meet some of you guys and hang out, hopefully make some friends. Considering I left everyone I knew back in IA when I left...I can't wait to start having some fun. I saw that there was quite a few things going on and meets in Beaverton, I drove to Chili's with the girlfriend over there tonight to check the area out. Not sure if I saw the right Starbucks(block East of Chili's on Canyon rd) or not...but there are certainly quite a few modded cars in that area (ricer or otherwise...).

Also, anyone do any major work on their cars themselves? I'm looking to have 4.30 gears installed fairly soon, and not sure where to have them done. I'd like to find a place that is reasonable on the isntallation charge, or possibly make some friends here and have some help doing it myself. I could definitely compensate them for doing it, I just want the gears finally done. :D

Anyway, here's a couple pics of my car and my modifications. I Hope to see you all around sometime!

Modifications:

K&N
C&L Upper Intake Plenum
BBK 75mm Throttle Body
Magnaflow Catted X
SLP Loudmouth 1's
BFG GForce Sports (245x35x17)

Front.JPG

Back.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

The one East of Chilis is not the correct one. Its very close though. Its next to Fred Meyer on Farmington which is just south of where you were at and the other side of the street. We were at the Red Robin tonight so you might have seen a few Stangs out front of the Starbucks, but again, this is not the SB that we meet at.

I live in Vancouver as well, so if your intrested some night, PM me, and we can drive out together:nice:

I'm definitely interested!

It's suppose to be really nice again tomorrow, so I will most likely be out and about. Might head down to Beaverton again and scope out the area, it's a fun drive there.

Anyone going to be around tomorrow? Hopefully it's stays nice most of the week since I'll be leaving friday for Alaska for a while. Need to get some quality time in with the Stang. :D

Quickshift_02GT said:
I'm definitely interested!

It's suppose to be really nice again tomorrow, so I will most likely be out and about. Might head down to Beaverton again and scope out the area, it's a fun drive there.

Anyone going to be around tomorrow? Hopefully it's stays nice most of the week since I'll be leaving friday for Alaska for a while. Need to get some quality time in with the Stang. :D
It's a bummer that you are leaving Friday, since the StangNet meet is on Saturday. There will be a lot of local and non-local people there. It would be a great opportunity to meet some chill people. I am sure I will see you around town since I live in Beaverton. I almost went to SB tonight because the weather cleared up but I deprived myself of sleep all day running errands and had to catch a nap before work so I got some much needed "sanity rest" because there is no amount of beauty rest that can save me :lol:

Purchased an SCT2 tuner today and put 3 tunes on the car. Regular, Premium, and the Valet tune. I'm still running the regular tune since that's what kind of fuel I was running at the time. Going to run that until I purge the tank of it and run a couple tanks of 92octane to make sure it's good to go.

I only had time to drive home, and it was through town so I haven't had a chance to get on it yet. Can't wait to get the 92 tune running! I still have more cash to blow, so now I'm deciding on getting the brakes replaced or getting the 4.10 gears installed. Looks like they're both about the same price.

:D