Hey guys wanna see what you think bout the price of a used cobra kit for the sn95!!!!

Needa5oh

Jul 7, 2008
Well today i went to a guy that i have known for awhile. He knows his stuff bout body work and painting. I have a driver side rear panel that needs some TLC. On with the story. I told him bout me wanting to clone the 95 GT to Cobra ize it! He informed me that he has a 96 Cobra full body kit in his shop that he has had for awhile. He said the kit only had 26k miles on it. The guy that owned the car wanted to make it into a Saleen clone. So that is why he has the kit. Anyways he wants to charge me 400 for the whole kit. That is front and rear bumper side skirts and wing. I looked at it all and it is in really good shape. He said he called some of the junkyards to see what they were charging for the full kit and they said 725. What do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

Just as long as you dont do the "COBRA" rear bumper and put snakes on the fenders and make it a 'Fobra' then its alright. I would sell the Cobra rear on ebay or somewhere and make some profit back.

Personally I'd take Cobra front over the GT's any day on that body, go for it.

Just as long as you dont do the "COBRA" rear bumper and put snakes on the fenders and make it a 'Fobra' then its alright. I would sell the Cobra rear on ebay or somewhere and make some profit back.

QFT.

Cobra body kits ftw. So long as they don't SAY Cobra (or use snake emblems). $400 for the kit is a steal though.

Unless your '95 GT has the 'nads to back up the Cobra image, I'd call it kind of ricey, but that's just me. :shrug:

QFT.

Cobra body kits ftw. So long as they don't SAY Cobra (or use snake emblems). $400 for the kit is a steal though.

+1 to all of teh above.

If it's off a '96, then the rear bumper says CObra.

I don't think the side skirts are different though. Other than COBRA on the rear the bumper is the same as well.

So technically all you need is the front nose..unless you want people to think your GT is a cobra with the rear bumper.

The hood is the best part of the 96-98 cars. If i had a 94-98GT, i'd do a cobra nose and hood and call it a day.

Just no snakes though.

I don't think the side skirts are different though. Other than COBRA on the rear the bumper is the same as well.

So technically all you need is the front nose..unless you want people to think your GT is a cobra with the rear bumper.

The hood is the best part of the 96-98 cars. If i had a 94-98GT, i'd do a cobra nose and hood and call it a day.

Just no snakes though.

+1

Body designs of a Cobra are one thing, because changing a car's physical form and deliberate misrepresentation are two different issues, but to go putting Cobra-logo'ed parts on a non-Cobra car, to me, is just too wannabe. I mean, unless you do the whole nine yards and do up the engine and interior and everything to make a Fauxbra - in which case it's still a fake, but at least it's all there - then it's just a GT trying to be passed off as a Cobra. And the only thing worse than a stock-motored GT dressed up like a Cobra is a **V6** Mustang with Cobra rims, badges, etc. ... and a telltale single tailpipe pokin' out the back. Ugh. :notnice:

Just no snakes though.

Yeah I'm gonna just do that. I don't like the Fobra's that i see all the time. The funny thing is, you can ask guys that have no idea what a real cobra has then they have their clone and want to swear up and down that it is a real one till you point out a couple things to them. Then they feel like an ass lol!!!!

+1

Body designs of a Cobra are one thing, because changing a car's physical form and deliberate misrepresentation are two different issues, but to go putting Cobra-logo'ed parts on a non-Cobra car, to me, is just too wannabe. I mean, unless you do the whole nine yards and do up the engine and interior and everything to make a Fauxbra - in which case it's still a fake, but at least it's all there - then it's just a GT trying to be passed off as a Cobra. And the only thing worse than a stock-motored GT dressed up like a Cobra is a **V6** Mustang with Cobra rims, badges, etc. ... and a telltale single tailpipe pokin' out the back. Ugh. :notnice:

Nah i feel ya man. Im not trying to pass it off for a cobra. I just like the front end and the hood. The rear is no different nor is the wing. Nope no snake logos for me. I know what i bought and that is what it is going to stay except for the front.

Nah i feel ya man. Im not trying to pass it off for a cobra. I just like the front end and the hood. The rear is no different nor is the wing. Nope no snake logos for me. I know what i bought and that is what it is going to stay except for the front.

Cool beans. :nice:

Maybe you could turn around and sell off the rear bumper on eBay and recoup some of the cost...? :shrug:

The irony of this post.

On my ride home from work today, i pull up next to a 96-98 V6 Mustang...with stock V6 wheels all curbed to hell....wearing a Cobra nose and little worm badges on the fenders...with a limp dick exhaust.

Driver was some 16-18 year old eminem wannbe

The irony of this post.

On my ride home from work today, i pull up next to a 96-98 V6 Mustang...with stock V6 wheels all curbed to hell....wearing a Cobra nose and little worm badges on the fenders...with a limp dick exhaust.

Driver was some 16-18 year old eminem wannbe

:lol:
Got to love the things people do these days

:rlaugh: