Hi I just recovered a car that was lost 17 years ago.

Antranch1

Dec 23, 2018
Arizona
I just recovered my 1985 Mustang 5.0 GT after 17 years. 17 years ago I tried to outrun a police radio with it. I outran the cars but ya can't outrun a radio. long story short my late brother in law conned my now ex-wife out of the car while I was locked up he died last year and his kids knwing that I was conned (via the ex-wife) gave me back my car and when I went to get it it had been driven less than 100 miles in 17 years. t was started religiously until 2 years ago. It is still on the trailer and I will check it out later today. that's what brings me here wish this was here 17 years ago.
2.jpg 5.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Update: Got it off the trailer, re-keyed all the locks and found out that the 5.0 is locked up. Gonna pull plugs and try the old Marvels Mystery Oil trick on it. I have had great success with it in the past on other cars Hope my luck holds true here also. If not it's rebuildin' it time again.

I know you're feeling my first car was a 69 mustang its been sitting at my uncle's house in Michigan and I can't go get iti dread the day I go pick her up its been 19 years I just picked up my second mustang a few months ago and just lightened it by 50lbs with rims and tires

Attachments

• IMG_06181.jpg
    IMG_06181.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 87
  • 20181012_123500.jpg
    20181012_123500.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 80
I know you're feeling my first car was a 69 mustang its been sitting at my uncle's house in Michigan and I can't go get iti dread the day I go pick her up its been 19 years I just picked up my second mustang a few months ago and just lightened it by 50lbs with rims and tires
Don't be amazed if you find that the rabbits have chewed some wires. They did on mine. I have had to free the block and replace some wiring but it is worth it to me and maybe it will be to you too.

ok one more update as I am not sure this is the place for it, Got it off the trailer and checked it out and the block was locked. pulled the plugs and some MMO in the cylinders. A few days and a breaker bar (gently but firmly) and she spun around fixed a few wires and I was rewarded last night with the sound of her coming back to life. it was good to hear that old familiar 5.0 HO growl . lots more to do before it is roadworthy but IT LIVES AGAIN!!!!

Reactions: 1 user