holley efi vs haltech

1400-1500 hp turbo 408w stroker sbf, BW88 turbo, trying to decide between holley dominator (turbo gas pack) or haltech elite 2000+ for sbf w/ terminated harness kit. any tips to help me decide, other than price? holley is around $8400 and the haltech is around $2200.

• Sponsors (?)

I have done this before with a small budget... lol a microsquirt no less. $350 ecu. we did not make 1500 on that build but we did achieve 4 digit power with a JY 351

It really depends on your needs, how much I/O do you need? what all do you want to datalog and use for tuning? just engine? transmission? chassis? track temperature? ect ect.
I used an MS3Pro and simply repinned one of the LS harnesses they offer to run with a crank trigger and cam sync, this let me use Coil Packs.

The cam sync is from Price motorsports and the crank trigger is a DIY piece. although you can buy one from 64bit tuning if you like to take the easy route.

okay so. i'll roll with however much i/o the ecu i choose comes with. in terms of datalogging, i'd love to cover all the bases but i may just have to go with motor and trans for budget reasons, but we'll have to see about that. btw, this is a STOCK BLOCK nonetheless (i'm shooting for mark miller's stock block world record, 4.97). i'm looking at an MSD 86403 crank trigger and the MSD DIS coil-on-plug ignition system, with dual sync distributor plug. the holley and the haltech will BOTH plug-n-play with the MSD systems.

Again thats your call, for what you will pay for just the ECU I did an ECU harness IGNA1 coils and all the needed pieces to get running. A crank trigger is superior to a dual sync cam sensor but again thats your call lots of guys using a CAS system very successfully. [Crank angle sensor]

Seems like you have the money to spend, many ways to get to the end goal some are just cheaper and work "better"

Again thats your call, for what you will pay for just the ECU I did an ECU harness IGNA1 coils and all the needed pieces to get running. A crank trigger is superior to a dual sync cam sensor but again thats your call lots of guys using a CAS system very successfully. [Crank angle sensor]

Seems like you have the money to spend, many ways to get to the end goal some are just cheaper and work "better"
i’ll just have to weigh my options here, but for the actual ecu, haltech 2000+ would probably be the better move wouldn’t it?

Will you be doing the tuning? if so I suggest you download the software and have a look at it see which one appeals to you more
i’m only 17, going on 18. tuning this caliber of car now, with 1500 hp, for my first tuning experience prolly wouldn’t be a good idea. i’ll probably have tytech performance do the setup tune, and then we can tweak fuel, chassis, timing, and ignition with the tuning software i’ll download.