Progress Thread Hoopty v2.0 - Back in action!

These are the injectors I got. Met the owner in person and talked with him for a while about his process and left feeling like I got the most bang for my buck. Brand new Bosch bodies, flow matched to within 1%. Also got the extensions and plug adapters for $454 OTD with the 30% off black friday sale.

I couldnt wait any longer (surprise, surprise) so I ordered a 340lph walbro and an Aeromotive adjustable regulator for the stock rails. We're going to push the stock lines and rails to the limit, I think.

Shoutout to @TOOLOW91 for all the advice lately. I appreciate you keeping me on the rails man. I forgot to ask you about a fuel filter. That's all stock as well. I assume that's ok to use?

• Sponsors (?)

Nice, so are those technically 80lb/hr or 70lb/hr as the numbers on the link show two different things? I will still need to get new injectors for my 4.6 at some point, likely some 60's will do for my target of 450-500hp.

Nice, so are those technically 80lb/hr or 70lb/hr as the numbers on the link show two different things? I will still need to get new injectors for my 4.6 at some point, likely some 60's will do for my target of 450-500hp.
I actually got 750cc injectors, they ran out of the 700s and havent updated the site yet. But yeah, they're close to a 75 #/hr

Got 2 out of 3 orders in, waiting on the fuel pump. Plus, I was supposed to get adapters for the plugs on the injectors so I need to track those down.

part.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

These are the injectors I got. Met the owner in person and talked with him for a while about his process and left feeling like I got the most bang for my buck. Brand new Bosch bodies, flow matched to within 1%. Also got the extensions and plug adapters for $454 OTD with the 30% off black friday sale.

I couldnt wait any longer (surprise, surprise) so I ordered a 340lph walbro and an Aeromotive adjustable regulator for the stock rails. We're going to push the stock lines and rails to the limit, I think.

Shoutout to @TOOLOW91 for all the advice lately. I appreciate you keeping me on the rails man. I forgot to ask you about a fuel filter. That's all stock as well. I assume that's ok to use?
That’s what we do buddy ! In this case you’re sort of stuck on that end of it using what is there .

My biggest recommendation like I said is try to up the stock tank vent size or drill out what’s there . It helps tremendously with vapor lock and stuff

That’s what we do buddy ! In this case you’re sort of stuck on that end of it using what is there .

My biggest recommendation like I said is try to up the stock tank vent size or drill out what’s there . It helps tremendously with vapor lock and stuff

Why does/would the larger injector help promote vapor lock?

Do you have the vent plumbed anywhere, or just open at the top of the tank?

Why does/would the larger injector help promote vapor lock?
Has nothing to do with the injector . The bigger pump . Moving way more fuel . In my long list of issues I have had . This was one of them early on .

Talking to Weldon if the vent is undersized it can cause issues and make the pump get hot ,
Air rate etc if the tank is building to much pressure

Update! Got the new injectors and FPR installed. I dumped the injector data in the MS and it fired right up. Aside from needing to add 20% more fuel at idle, it was perfect.

It Idles better. It revs cleaner. Nowhere near as much surging and hunting to return to idle. I think in the hands of a competent tuner (aka not me) it will have stock drivability again. It's strange how it just sounds different idling. Much smoother, and maybe even quieter standing next to the engine?

Ran into some issues swapping in the new fuel pump, so waiting on some replacement parts. Also going to swap in a new pass motor mount while in there. Cant wait to drive this thing and have WOT for the first time in ... years?

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users
Hey, I'm corn fused. Per page 1 of this thread, the pump was supposed to be a 255lph. The pump I pulled out has NOTHING marked on it. No letters, no numbers, nada. How am I supposed to know definitively what's in there?

Hey, I'm corn fused. Per page 1 of this thread, the pump was supposed to be a 255lph. The pump I pulled out has NOTHING marked on it. No letters, no numbers, nada. How am I supposed to know definitively what's in there?

They don't generally come marked. It's been many years but I recall having the same revelation when I installed my Walbro 255L. It looks almost exactly like the 88 L/Hr.

I did have an Intex (maybe Antec) pump for a little bit. They were sure to mark the flow-rate on the casing. That POS died in a week.

Walbro's (real ones) are not marked in my experience but I can't say that's true all over.

Reactions: 1 user
They don't generally come marked. It's been many years but I recall having the same revelation when I installed my Walbro 255L. It looks almost exactly like the 88 L/Hr.

I did have an Intex (maybe Antec) pump for a little bit. They were sure to mark the flow-rate on the casing. That POS died in a week.

Walbro's (real ones) are not marked in my experience but I can't say that's true all over.
Well that's kinda what I thought too. The Walbro 350lph I just bought to is definitely stamped. My concern is putting the 350lph in right now and it aerating the fuel after it exits the return line. Can I extend the return down further and do something there to prevent that?

Well that's kinda what I thought too. The Walbro 350lph I just bought to is definitely stamped. My concern is putting the 350lph in right now and it aerating the fuel after it exits the return line. Can I extend the return down further and do something there to prevent that?
Yes. I saw something about that too:

Yes. I saw something about that too:

That's an interesting read and I saw that video as well - it was sent to me by a guy on Instagram warning me about what I was doing.

I'd be willing to buy the Pro-M hanger @ $200, but then I either have to come up with adapters to make them fit the stock lines, run all new lines and still but adapters at the fuel rails, OR just do nothing. Something is DEFINITELY causing issues with the fuel system - and I'd hate to put it all back together and still have the same issue (assuming I was having cavitation issues, but doubtful)

I really just want to do this once. Its all still apart on the lift. What say you?

Nice. OK, thanks! The parts I have been waiting on should be here tomorrow. For whatever reason, they went from LMR north to Ft. Worth, then to south Houston, and finally coming back to North houston today. Not quite what Id call efficient.