Progress Thread Hoopty v2.0 - Back in action!

Have you all seen these things before?

I've seen a couple of different makers. Seems like it should work pretty well. Limps post reminded me of it.
When I did mine, what I thought would work ( by measuring) did NOT work with that size wheel on it....
67 Dodge coronets have a very small rear wheel well that gets smaller as more of the tire fits into it.. So trying some different sizes wheels ( mostly different back spacing) saved me some money...
I SQUEEZED some 8" wheels into the rear of mine that I had to have made with a custom backspace... I always thought later I would have just stuck with 7" like I had on the front....
DSCF0944.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

$1205 for the master kit. It's definitely the schniznit but I would have to go in with three other guys to even justify it being I do not have Dave Kindig money or build that many cars. I will say the mechanical engineer in me is screaming "Buy that MF'er!!!".

I had promised my brother in law that I would take the car to a show he put on Saturday a while back. I was planning on measuring for new wheels instead but oh well.

The car got stuffed into a back corner behind a hot dog cart and a DJ booth, but whatever. I say all this because on the way home, it developed a vibration. I have no idea what from or why, but it's not speed related. It vibrates at an idle.

My first thought was oh sh--t, I spun a bearing but there's no noise. I havent had time to investigate yet but Ill report back. I really hope its something dumb. I have no plans for motor work anytime soon.

I had promised my brother in law that I would take the car to a show he put on Saturday a while back. I was planning on measuring for new wheels instead but oh well.

The car got stuffed into a back corner behind a hot dog cart and a DJ booth, but whatever. I say all this because on the way home, it developed a vibration. I have no idea what from or why, but it's not speed related. It vibrates at an idle.

My first thought was oh sh--t, I spun a bearing but there's no noise. I havent had time to investigate yet but Ill report back. I really hope its something dumb. I have no plans for motor work anytime soon.
If you think it's your balancer, and you're running a stock one, I have a new Pioneer SFI balancer that I bought a few years ago and never used. It's sitting in my garage in the box, and you can have it for the cost of shipping. I have no use for it.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
If you think it's your balancer, and you're running a stock one, I have a new Pioneer SFI balancer that I bought a few years ago and never used. It's sitting in my garage in the box, and you can have it for the cost of shipping. I have no use for it.
I've got a trickflow balancer on there now. I'm gonna slide outside here in a minute and go see

I still have my OE anniversary wheels for sale. I've got them posted everywhere and havent had a single interested message. I dont understand how $750 isnt attractive for OE wheels and tires in decent condition?!?

I also listed a fresh 351w block with stock internals and .030 pistons for $500 and got crickets. Times are weird.

319394988_10123259492457544_2073530762447148558_n.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I still have my OE anniversary wheels for sale. I've got them posted everywhere and havent had a single interested message. I dont understand how $750 isnt attractive for OE wheels and tires in decent condition?!?

I also listed a fresh 351w block with stock internals and .030 pistons for $500 and got crickets. Times are weird.

319394988_10123259492457544_2073530762447148558_n.jpg
I honestly think a part of it is the fact you live in an area known for high stakes racing where money gets thrown around differently. A 351W isn't what it used to be, as twin turbo coyotes are the norm now. People in your area are buying drag wheels for street cars, or BCs like you. Budget builds seem to be less and less common now, when McDonald's workers make $17+ an hour. You can pay a decent credit card bill with that money...

It's the connection you gotta wait for. That won't happen until you forget about it. :D

I honestly think a part of it is the fact you live in an area known for high stakes racing where money gets thrown around differently. A 351W isn't what it used to be, as twin turbo coyotes are the norm now. People in your area are buying drag wheels for street cars, or BCs like you. Budget builds seem to be less and less common now, when McDonald's workers make $17+ an hour. You can pay a decent credit card bill with that money...
While you're not wrong, there's still piles of roached out foxes skittering around.

Reactions: 1 users
I did find out the wheels have a clear coat on them, even on the brushed aluminum lip where the funky stuff is. After some light sanding, I realized the 'oxidized' looking stuff is in the clear coat, not the aluminum.

Question is, is it worth me sanding off the clear coat, polishing the aluminum, and then spraying new clear on to try and get these to move?